My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Broke a wing mower rear gauge wheel the other day. These are not stuck rather some cheap TSC wheels. I was backing up witht he wing slightly over a bank, at the angle the wheel was trying to lift a lot of weight and failed.

Planning to quickly get a cheap wheel in there to get back up and running. Once I have time find some more similar to stock wheels.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Old Tractor Enthusiest
417 Posts
Broke a wing mower rear gauge wheel the other day. These are not stuck rather some cheap TSC wheels. I was backing up witht he wing slightly over a bank, at the angle the wheel was trying to lift a lot of weight and failed.

Planning to quickly get a cheap wheel in there to get back up and running. Once I have time find some more similar to stock wheels.

All those washers on the wheel indicate it was an odd fit. Hard to tell from the picture how big the wheel is, but it appears larger than the Gravely std wheel used on many of the decks. In particular the commercial 40 deck. If you have issues finding an acceptable replacement, suggest trying McMaster Carr. They have a ton of wheels to select from. Picked up a couple red urethane replacement wheels for my snow cannon there years ago. They are great - needle bearings and cast iron pins take the weight of the snow cannon/C12 combo much better than the OEM wheels.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
All those washers on the wheel indicate it was an odd fit. Hard to tell from the picture how big the wheel is, but it appears larger than the Gravely std wheel used on many of the decks. In particular the commercial 40 deck. If you have issues finding an acceptable replacement, suggest trying McMaster Carr. They have a ton of wheels to select from. Picked up a couple red urethane replacement wheels for my snow cannon there years ago. They are great - needle bearings and cast iron pins take the weight of the snow cannon/C12 combo much better than the OEM wheels.
Good call, I use McMaster Carr all the time. I am late in posting this but I went with Pneumatic wheels from MMC. I also sized them as they should be, no spacer washers. Below is a picture.

Also a picture of some walk behinds I had out this evening.

·
Old Tractor Enthusiest
417 Posts
Nice job on the wheels - look great and with pneumatic you'll probably get a smoother cut too (less bounce).

Nice pics of the walk behinds. Sadly, my C12 and LI don't get much use anymore. Use my Kubota BX for nearly everything. If/when we do get some snow here in NVA I get both the Gravelys out for a little action. Snowcannon on the C12 and blade on the LI. Hope we get some white stuff this coming winter. Last winter was forgettable around here.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Nice job on the wheels - look great and with pneumatic you'll probably get a smoother cut too (less bounce).

Nice pics of the walk behinds. Sadly, my C12 and LI don't get much use anymore. Use my Kubota BX for nearly everything. If/when we do get some snow here in NVA I get both the Gravelys out for a little action. Snowcannon on the C12 and blade on the LI. Hope we get some white stuff this coming winter. Last winter was forgettable around here.
Careful what you wish for. :)

I bought a snowblower for my tractor after we had a winter where we generally had a couple feet on the ground, and the roads would drift shut. (and the county left us out here for a week, before they got around to clearing them.) Since then, I think I have used it twice....... (several years.)

·
Super Moderator
11,707 Posts
Wave goodbye to your GMT, Steve!:tango_face_smile: I could see that it made a nice cut in the vid. That's a very nice looking tractor. Of the few GMTs I've seen, most of them have looked beat.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts