My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all. I picked up a Gravely 14G Professional series tractor w/ rear mount Kohler back in May of this year. It was a (1) owner. It came with a 2 stage 40" snowblower, wheel weights, chains and Weather cab, as a result only has about 94 hours on it. Bought it to ultimately replace my Craftsman tractor.
The Gravely is clearly heavy duty for it's size and I've heard great things about the brand. However, I dont know anybody who has this set up. Many people have the walk behind models but not too many have the ride on models. Can anybody tell me how effective this set up is for blowing snow?
I still have my Craftsman GT6000 with a 18hp Kohler. It also has a blower but that is single stage belt driven. It has served me well with the exception of belts coming of in the middle of a couple of storms. There are no belts or shear pins on the Gravely (YEAH!)
The Gravely will replace the Craftsman for snowblowing next winter but ultimately I'll get rid of the Craftsman. In the mean time, I'd like to know what to expect "performance wise" from it before it snows.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Administrator
21,222 Posts
Greetings, MikeO. Glad you found us and dropped in.

Sounds like you have a good machine there. I am not familiar with the Gravely line, but there is a good following on this site. You'll undoubtedly get some good info.

I am going to put a copy of this thread down in the Gravely section and see if you get some more pertinant info. Hope it gets you the answers you are looking for.

Once again, welcome, and good luck with the new machine!

·
Retired and Busy!
10,175 Posts
MikeO

I see Brad has already put a copy of your message in the appropriate forum to help you out. Glad you found us on the net. :MTF_wel2: We are glad to have you. There are many friendly and knowledgeable folks here at MTF, so enjoy all the different forums. Click on ”Active Topics” near the top left of the page for all the latest activity. You can also register with other members from your state by clicking here:

·
Retired Aug.31 2007
7,473 Posts
Glad to have you with us. Welcome.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Hi

Welcome to MTF. Your Gravely tractor sounds like a real nice machine. Only 94 hrs - practically new. I'm sure it will serve you well. I don't have any experience with them myself but it sounds like a heavy duty unit and I am sure you will enjoy the cab when blowing snow.

Brian

1 - 7 of 7 Posts