My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone with this style cart or cart latch take a pic of the latch mechanism. Mine came in pieces and i want to set it up right.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
ADMINISTRATOR
15,601 Posts
Curious, the protrusion on the right side of the latch, that appears to be some form of "stop", is that also on the back side?

Never saw that type of latch in a casting.....pretty cool.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Curious, the protrusion on the right side of the latch, that appears to be some form of "stop", is that also on the back side?

Never saw that type of latch in a casting.....pretty cool.
Yes it is on both sides and it is a stop. I only put it on this way since its the wasy ghe worn paint led me to believe it goes there is also a spring to figure out.

·
ADMINISTRATOR
15,601 Posts
I see one hole above the bolt head, is there another? Also, can you show us a pic with the latch pulled up against the stop?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will wben i get home. The stop it to keep it from moving passed closed. The spring should snap it closed. And with its design you should be able to just push it down in the front and the latch sill catch. I will explain in more detail and add more pics when i get home.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here are more pics i think its set up right in the last pic im going to find another bolt with a shank to it that should get rid of some play i have right now and should allow the stops on the latch to work correctly and help prevent it from closing to far when tipped up preventing it from latching correctly when tipping back down.

·
Registered
851 Posts
So THAT'S what the spring looks like. The one I just got didn't have one and really needs it

·
ADMINISTRATOR
15,601 Posts
Ahhhh, so that's what type spring it has. That's a beautiful little trailer. What's your plans with it? Going to spruce it up with a little paint, etc.?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ahhhh, so that's what type spring it has. That's a beautiful little trailer. What's your plans with it? Going to spruce it up with a little paint, etc.?
Maybe someday right now it's just a workhorse but I keep it indoors at least so it's not rusting are getting more whethered. redoing my mower deck and my snow blower attachment will come first. Hoping to do the blower attachment throught the summer and the mower deck will get redone over the winter gotta do them in there off seasons since they are both still in use. I have another mower deck with no baffels under it so i may think about trying that one since i dont bag j mulch i was told the baffel less deck would work better we will see.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts