My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have a Gravely 8122, I’ve been having a problem where it’ll run fine for 20 minutes or so then it’ll start bogging down. As soon as I disengage the pto the engine goes back to normal but if I engage the pto then it starts bogging down again. I’ll turn it off for about 30 minutes or so and let it sit, then I’ll try to mow again and it does the same thing after about 20 minutes. Does anybody know what this could be??? New carb was just installed also but it was doing it before that too.

·
Premium Member
4,448 Posts
Welcome!

What's the PTO driving?

·
Registered
659 Posts
When it bogs are there wisps of black smoke coming out of the exhaust? What happens if you put the choke on about 1/4 shut? Just trying to figure out if there is a fuel problem or if it's something else. Don't dismiss it being a fuel problem just because you have a new carb.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When it bogs are there wisps of black smoke coming out of the exhaust? What happens if you put the choke on about 1/4 shut? Just trying to figure out if there is a fuel problem or if it's something else. Don't dismiss it being a fuel problem just because you have a new carb.
Yes!! I do notice black smoke coming out of the exhaust

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is a manual I found, I think it's for your tractor, see if it is.

On page 11 of the pdf (page 10 of the manual) there is a picture of the carb with the main jet adjustment shown on top of the carb.
Here is a manual I found, I think it's for your tractor, see if it is.

On page 11 of the pdf (page 10 of the manual) there is a picture of the carb with the main jet adjustment shown on top of the carb.
it does have the main jet on the top of the carb, I will try turning it in and see if that makes any difference when the weather clears up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts