My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Gravely Commercial 430 and a model L8, both have mower decks. Now that I have them running I am wanting to get other attachments like snowplow, rotary plow, and tiller for starter. My question is on the snow plow; I have seen two different ones. One goes under the 430 and the other just attaches to the front, is one better than the other? I will be using the plow to move dirt that I loosen up with the rotary plow or tiller. Any advice would welcome.

·
Super Moderator
10,904 Posts
I would go with the plow that runs under the tractor, and attaches in front of the rear axle. They were the ones initially designed to be used with rider tractors. Plus you can angle them straight, right, and left from your sitting position.

I'm not sure about a front mounted plow that you mentioned. To my mind it would have to be a 2 wheeler plow mounted to a rider's front mounts via a front adapter (the front adapter kit allows for using 2 wheeler attachments on rider tractors). Otherwise the front mounted plow you saw may have been a different brand plow modified for use on a Gravely.

·
Premium Member
2,553 Posts
Then there is the belly grader, which is what I thought he meant. Those are rare and difficult to find.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts