My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a gmt 9000 I read the manual about the fluid but most are no longer available and the ones that are still made i cannot get in my area. We have a tractor supply and that is about it. What do you all run in yours? will the Travelers universal work?

·
Premium Member
2,593 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. i have tried to find the recommended fluid locally without any luck. I only paid 300 for the tractor and it has been sitting for some time. I rebuild the carb, installed a new starter, coil and condenser and was able to get it running. The tractor has zero trans fluid in it and about half a quart of water. The water was clear so i am hoping for no damage to the trans. With that said i really don't want to drip $160 on fluid just to flush it and find out the transmission is shot.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
I just use the TSC universal stuff. I think the manual has a specification, that translates to JD 20 or equivalent. The TSC "Tractor Hydraulic Fluid" works fine.

I would be tempted to flush the trans a bit, before putting fluid in, and also change the filter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts