My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
33,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm sure you didn't expect a die hard JD guy to come with this one! Sorry no pics, passed an 8163 on the way home that was for sale (sorry no web service on my phone) had hydraulic lift on the deck, 4 speed Hi-Lo tranny with forward/reverse lever. Had the girl start it and although a little personality was evident it fired up and ran well. They recently added an electric fuel pump to it. Deck was a bit rough with some rust-through but still useable and probably recoverable with some effort. Everything seemed to work and they were asking $650 for it. I'm not interested in this but thought I'd help someone on the forum feed their GAS addiction. Please PM me if you are interested and want me to take some pictures. Oh, seat pan and hood were repainted and done nicely!

PM me if you are interested! I will send you their phone number. If a member buys it and wants me to hold it for them till they can get here I will be more than happy to load it on the trailer and park it at the PA318Guy palace for the time it takes to get here. Any financial transactions must be done with the owner directly.

·
Active member, now deceased, but not forgotten.
4,156 Posts
!

PM me if you are interested! I will send you their phone number. If a member buys it and wants me to hold it for them till they can get here I will be more than happy to load it on the trailer and park it at the PA318Guy palace for the time it takes to get here. Any financial transactions must be done with the owner directly.
See I know those diehard JD guys are just as nice as the G-men. What a nice neighborly offer. Just out of curiosity where (aprox anyway) in PA. It's a big state.

·
Super Moderator
33,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Northwest PA, just South of Erie, PA about 50 miles. I've seen this Gravely on my way to work for the last 12 years and was surprised to see the 4 sale sign on it as it's in relatively good shape. I had to turn around and go back just so I knew that some members at least had a shot at it. Guess I should have said it has a B&S 16 HP on it but I suspect most of the G-Men know what engines are on the various models. Hitch was still on the rear too! I have no doubt that with some effort the tractor could be restored to the condition I see your's are in. Metal was all straight, I didn't see any dents or dings on it anywhere.

·
Active member, now deceased, but not forgotten.
4,156 Posts
I'd be all over that if I was within an hour or two away. Somebody on here will be I'm sure. I drive through there 3 4 times a year but not equipped to move something like that.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Guess I should have said it has a B&S 16 HP on it but I suspect most of the G-Men know what engines are on the various models.
It's good to clarify, because Gravely also made an 8163-T (Onan 16 hp engine). The Onan would likely be worth more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts