My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I have an old Gravley 816(?) I was told it is an 816 anyways, I got it a few years ago for cheap from a hospital that was upgrading some of their grounds equipment. Anyways, it has the Kohler engine in it 16hp I believe and it has the snow plow attachment. I used it for a project and it ran pretty strong and then I moved and it sat for a while. Now I have some time I'm looking to get started on rebuilding it because it won't fire up anymore and the hydraulics are not working properly, they only raise up and won't lower unless the tractor is turned off and all the pressure releases. I am also looking to buy some attachments for it such as a tiller and other garden bed prepping equipment that is available, preferably direct fit and PTO driven but suggestions for non gravely equipment or mods are very welcomed also. I was wondering if anyone had any reference sites or information on where to find what is actually compatible with it. I do not need a mower deck for it as I have my father in-laws JD x530 for that. My main need for it is homesteading and running my very small scale egg/vegetable operation. I know I will need a larger compact tractor at some point in my life but financially I have to work with what I have for now lol. Will post more pictures if needed for more specifics! thanks everyone! View attachment 2450679 View attachment 2450680

·
Gravely 2-wheeler
947 Posts
I suggest re-posting in the Gravely specific part of MTF under Lawn and Garden Tractors by Brand, or have a moderator move it. Just for fun you can browse here. Every gravely attachment known to man A lot of what is shown is for walk behind models but some can be used on riders with the use of a front attachment kit.

·
Super Moderator
11,566 Posts
If the engine was running well before you parked it chances are that you only need to drain any gas from the tank, take the carburetor apart, and clean it, replace the fuel filter, spark plug, and clean (if not pitted), or replace the points in order to get it running again.

As far as finding attachments, ebay, craigslist, facebook marketplace. You might also want to check Gravely groups on facebook. Gravely "Mow Ins" are also a great place to pick almost any attachment you may be looking for. The "Mow In" an annual event hosted by the Gravely Tractor Club of America. Many members bring everything from tractors to attachments to sell there. This years Mow In is being held this October in Pa.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts