My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I got a Gravely 526 with snowblower, 30" deck, and a rototiller. After the big snows this winter and places that is hard to do with our David Bradley's snow plow, we decided that something had to be done. After seeing videos of gravelys snowblowing, they looked to do a very good job. Today we found one and got it. I'm just wondering what the value of all of it to see if we got a fair deal.

Also is there anything I need to watch out for or common problems? Every thing seems to be in good shape and works. Also got some extra tines for the tiller.

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
That's in nice shape!

Everything looks very good. Did you have to travel far to get it?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not at all. It was at a tractor show that was having an action that we were at anyway.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shenandoah Valley Steam and Gas Engine show in Berryville, Va.

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
That would have been about three or three and half hours away from me. Too bad. I would like to have gone.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is a very nice show. Just about as many lawn and garden tractors as there are big tractors, and its a lot. Plus around 7 steam engines too.

·
Premium Member
5,747 Posts
Be sure the auger clutches are not too tight, and don't even think of running the gearbox on that blower out of oil.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well today I tried her out a little with the 30" deck. It does a nice job cutting, and I think the slip clutch is adjust just about right. It's VERY quiet even at full throttle. Was the engines on these that quiet?
Also can I change from high/low and vise versa with the pto on? I was not sure about that.
And for those interested, the serial number on the tractor is 0 0242747. I think that makes it a 76?

Be sure the auger clutches are not too tight, and don't even think of running the gearbox on that blower out of oil.
I'll be sure to check the oil. How do I check the clutches?

·
Gravely bug bit.
8,735 Posts
Well today I tried her out a little with the 30" deck. It does a nice job cutting, and I think the slip clutch is adjust just about right. It's VERY quiet even at full throttle. Was the engines on these that quiet?
Also can I change from high/low and vise versa with the pto on? I was not sure about that.
And for those interested, the serial number on the tractor is 0 0242747. I think that makes it a 76?

I'll be sure to check the oil. How do I check the clutches?
Nice set of Gravely goodies. The 8HP Kohler is a quiet running engine if you don't run it wide open. Changing from high to low is ok for the PTO. Just don't switch the axle range ( SwiftAMatic ) while moving.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts