My Tractor Forum banner

Gravely 24-G in Florida only 519 hours

5K views 27 replies 12 participants last post by  popcorn popper 
#1 ·
#5 ·
and put a loader on....
Do you have any leads on companies which can still spec a loader [or a backhoe?!?] for a G-series?

There are about a gazillion firms out there who sell either small tractor loaders, or just the blueprints for the small tractor loaders, but not a lot of them are still listing the older Gravelys as being compatible with their loaders [mostly they just list the newer Arienses].

Thanks.

#19 ·
I definitely like the CL's one better, just based on the pics. To me, if it's as stated and appears, I'm surprised it's still there at that price. The Staten Island one is not that far from me, but it sure looks like it's had a rough life.

#20 ·
Maybe this would be a good time to ask the eternal question: Is it [or is it not] possible to put a front PTO on a 24-G?

I know that the "official" answer is that the 20-G was the largest rig which took the front PTO kit [or the rear PTO kit, for that matter], but I have also seen FlaDon hint that it's possible to engage in a little bit of finagling which will result in a front PTO capability for the 24-G.

PS: The other HUGE question with the 24-Gs is the availability of [and pricing for] the Onan parts.

You almost feel like you'd need two or more 24-Gs lying around just to be able to cannibalize one or the other for spare parts.

#21 ·
Maybe this would be a good time to ask the eternal question: Is it [or is it not] possible to put a front PTO on a 24-G?

You almost feel like you'd need two or more 24-Gs lying around just to be able to cannibalize one or the other for spare parts.
The answer is "Yes".

I have a 24-G with a Gravely front PTO and 48 inch Gravely snow blower. The only difference with the snow blower is that the mounting brackets are set wider than the standard G-Series due to the frame width. The front PTO drive runs through a speed reducer to lower the PTO RPMs. All components appear to be stock and unmodified.

I have the 72 inch mower deck on the tractor now. If I get a chance later this week, I'll get the snow blower out and mounted so I can take some pictures.

I have another 24-G that I am restoring to stock and will get set up with my Kwik-way front end loader.

Tom

#25 ·
It doesn't require a longer drive shaft due to the longer frame length to run a blower?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.