My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
647 Posts
and put a loader on....
Do you have any leads on companies which can still spec a loader [or a backhoe?!?] for a G-series?

There are about a gazillion firms out there who sell either small tractor loaders, or just the blueprints for the small tractor loaders, but not a lot of them are still listing the older Gravelys as being compatible with their loaders [mostly they just list the newer Arienses].

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
Do you have any leads on companies which can still spec a loader [or a backhoe?!?] for a G-series?

There are about a gazillion firms out there who sell either small tractor loaders, or just the blueprints for the small tractor loaders, but not a lot of them are still listing the older Gravelys as being compatible with their loaders [mostly they just list the newer Arienses].

Thanks.
I've twice seen pics of 24-Gs with loaders, they were aftermarket but not home-built. I would go whichever route had the most likely chance of success, and no, I don't have any leads at this time. Not really on my radar.

·
Super Moderator
12,067 Posts
Hmm, I wonder if my wife might become suspicious if I suddenly asked if she'd like to visit her mother in Fla.... with a trailer in tow?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well... now there is no need to make the trip to Florida... You can pick a Gravely 24 G in New York.

Check out eBay item number 290478467021

It's not mine.

All the best,
Tom

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Kind of rough looking. My past experience says lower starting bids generate more interest. If he started off at $500 he would certainly pique many guys' curiosity. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The opening bid is worth it, even if just for the steering brakes and power steering system which could be easily installed on any other G-series tractor.

Tom

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
The opening bid is worth it, even if just for the steering brakes and power steering system which could be easily installed on any other G-series tractor.

Tom
That's true, Tom. Definitely worth the starting bid. Just looking at the perspective of jump starting the bidding process and subsequent bidding "frenzy" or "war", which can lead to higher final bids for the seller.

·
Banned
1,879 Posts
If that tractor is what it appears to be It's one heck of a deal. Why you all equivocate is beyond me.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts

·
ADMINISTRATOR
15,733 Posts
I definitely like the CL's one better, just based on the pics. To me, if it's as stated and appears, I'm surprised it's still there at that price. The Staten Island one is not that far from me, but it sure looks like it's had a rough life.

·
Banned
647 Posts
Maybe this would be a good time to ask the eternal question: Is it [or is it not] possible to put a front PTO on a 24-G?

I know that the "official" answer is that the 20-G was the largest rig which took the front PTO kit [or the rear PTO kit, for that matter], but I have also seen FlaDon hint that it's possible to engage in a little bit of finagling which will result in a front PTO capability for the 24-G.

PS: The other HUGE question with the 24-Gs is the availability of [and pricing for] the Onan parts.

You almost feel like you'd need two or more 24-Gs lying around just to be able to cannibalize one or the other for spare parts.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts