My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI, just curious what a Gravely 16 Pro with a blown 20HP engine is worth? It has 42" cutting deck in good condition with new tires. I havn't gone to see it yet but they are looking to get 500 for it? Everything is there. Wouldn't mind getting a parts tractor.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
500 sounds steep to me... but i dont know gravelys that well

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't give more than $100 as the engine is blown and unoriginal. how many hours on the transmission? Probably a lot. Also consider the clutches may be getting worn to their ends if hours are high. I don't deal much with riders because too many of them I see come up for sale are in very poor condition or outstanding condition -- not much in the middle

·
Gravelyyard.com
5,922 Posts
I would be cautious! The higher HP engines can be very hard on the hi/lo planitaries. A 20 hp is more than they were designed for and the fact that it's a blown replacement engine tells me either the Owner was abusive or dumb or at best, extremely unlucky. It would ONLY be worth $500 if it has a good steering brake.

What ever you get it for, be prepared to replace the hi/lo planitaries as well as the engine.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi everyone, sorry for the confusion. It is a 4 wheel riding tractor. The engine "blew up" from what the previous owner stated. It was run with low oil or no oil. They are looking to get 500 because they recently had new tires put on it. I havn't seen it yet.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
If the tractor is relatively close to you, I'd give it a shot and check it out at least. Sure it has a blown motor, but maybe if you actually show up in person they will cut you a smoking deal!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Spoke to the gentleman, he wants 350 for it. Engine was run low on oil and he said the piston put a hole thru the side of the engine. Asked him to send pics. He said that it has fairly new Ag tires on it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts