My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an opportunity to purchase a used 16-G riding lawn tractor. It has a Kohler 14hp engine in the rear. The owner is unsure the year. The owner mentioned a problem where the choke needs to be on fulltime when running. He is asking $800.

Anyone have experience or knowledge with his tractor? Can you still get parts
for this mower?

Thanks for any imput.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
These tractors hold their value and parts are very readily available. As long as the tractor is solid and was well maintained, I'd be all over that! Let's see some pictures after you get it!

·
Registered
150 Posts
I recently saw a 14G pro w/hydraulic deck lift at a John Deere dealership in WV w/650 hrs for $1200 and I thought that was a deal. I'm still kicking myself for not getting it:duh: .

Good luck!

·
Banned
131 Posts
Choke issue is probably minor. A partially clogged high speed orifice can often be made to work by applying some choke. Check to see how loose the carb's throttle butterfly shaft is. High hours & lack of lube can rout the bushings out resulting in lots of play & air sucked in. Still rebuildable.

Last month I bought an abandoned Gravely 16-G, sitting out 6+ years, that had been retired b/c somebody backed into something smashing the shroud & fan. It has a Kohler Magnum twin 16 hp & 50" deck. It runs fine now, but won't win a beauty contest & cost $250. Got to be worth at least $1000 since rehab, I've seen good used 50" decks alone go for over $400.

Is yours foot control? That came out ~'88

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
Shadow,

If you don't mind me asking, which JD dealer was it? I have been about half looking for a nice big Gravely rider and I would like to check that one out.

·
Registered
150 Posts
DJ2

It was L&T Farm Eqipment on Rt. 20 south of Buckhannon. The tractor looked solid but I didn't hear it run cause it was Sunday. I'll e-mail my Dad and ask him to check and see if it's still there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts