My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody:

Is there a grass collector available for the B3030HSDC?
Please advise.

Regards,
FRIZ

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Hi everybody:

Is there a grass collector available for the B3030HSDC?
Please advise.

Regards,
FRIZ
Don't see one on the Kubota web site so I doubt it. You could always go with a vac trailer type set like a Cyclone Rake or a Trac Vac. I love my CR, but only use it for leaves in the fall. It's a bit much to tow around my yard just for grass collection. My yard doesn't have a lot of wide open area. Trac Vac makes a rear PTO powerd unit I believe, but pricey.

·
Machinery enthusiast
4,257 Posts
Kubota does offer a grass catcher for the B3030 but only w/the 60" MMM. It's not an option w/the 72" MMM so that may be why it's not listed in the implement section.
The model # is: GCK60-30B. 9.75 bu 3 bag capacity.
I have seen where an enterprising poster (sorry don't recall his moniker) adapted a clamshell style grass catcher (from another green manufacturer) to his 3ph and coupled w/ his remote hydraulics, he could dump it without leaving the seat, it was pretty slick. He did paint it orange also :D
I don't know why but Kubota offers two styles of clamshell grass catchers for their world wide network with the exception of their largest market, the USA. Go figure. They offer a low dump and a high dump model, both use remote hydraulics to raise and dump them, from the seat! Just doesn't make any sense why they don't offer these fine implements here in their North American market....... I'm even told they make them down in the Georgia plant for export!

Like Chris I have a CR and it does a great job for me on my BX23 w/the 60" MMM. I like the very easy mount/dismount feature.

If you have the 72" MMM you may have some trouble adapting any type of grass catcher to it. I think it boils down to the boot pushing the collection hose out too far between the MMM & hopper.

Good luck

·
9K+ Poster
12,160 Posts
Fritz,

You are going to set a record with questions asked prior to purchase! :sidelaugh But I admire that and wish everyone did their due diligence before making decisions. :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi JDFANATIC:

I am just an ignorant city boy who fulfilled his dream of buying land away from the city (in my case 78 acres). Last year I did not know what a PTO was, literally. When all is said and done, I will have spent approximately $100,000 for Compact Utility Tractors and/or Lawn and Garden Tractors. That is a lot of money, at least for me. I plain and simple cannot afford to make a mistake with this kind of money. So please be patient with me. Please answer all my questions.
AND DO NOT HESITATE TO GIVE ME THOUGHT-OUT ADVICE!
All your efforts are very much appreciated.

Thank you very much.
Regards,
FRIZ

·
9K+ Poster
12,160 Posts
Fritz,

Are you anywhere near the W. Lafayette area? If so, there may be someone I'd like to introduce you to. And don't feel bad about the questions; with that amount of chin-yang on the line, I'm glad you are. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts