My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new member, central NY, semi-retired, comfortable with tools.

i recently purchased a 1946 Grand Haven Model BC, 6HP Briggs ZZ engine, with 6-row cultivator utilizing Planet Jr #4183 cultivators. it appears to be untouched by criminals except for a slab of 3/4" steel that some clod slobber-welded to the rear body as the heaviest tow bar i'll ever have to grind off. i'm exaggerating a little, but it will not be a fun removal. otherwise, it is pristine.

i'm looking for ANYTHING relating to this machine available on this site - that would include pictures, sources of parts, Briggs ZZ info or manuals, or especially wisdom or stories.

thanks in advance for any replies.

junkezer

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome junkezer, good to have you aboard here with us and I must say that tractor is a new one on me, had to go do some searching on it and found a couple items of interest, looks like a neat machine :).

http://gasengine.farmcollector.com/Tractors/The-Story-Of-A-Sentimental-Garden-Tractor.aspx

Don't know if this manual interest you or not :)
http://www.agriconmanuals.com/miscellaneous-grand-haven-model-equipmentoptpts-p-37814.html
thanks for the quick response - i didn't know the tractor manual was on the web for sale. i have one - it is the Briggs ZZ that i don't have, though i have found quite a bit of relevant material.

i am hoping to find other owners of this rare tractor to share info with. as there were only about 1100 built in 1946 there may not be very many left.

there is an interesting sales page for the tractor for those who are curious at:

http://www.simplicityva.com/GrandHaven/Grand.html

maybe i'll just have to be patient - not one of my finer points

·
Still plays with tractors
2,302 Posts
I think patience is key here. I've known about these rare birds for years but have never seen one in person. Congrats on a very rare find. Please, feel free to post a picture or 10 from about every angle imaginable so we can join in your tractor bliss. Oh, and :Welcome1:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Now that is a cool looking tractor!! Good luck with your resto and welcome!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi junkezer,

I've also recently purchased a GH, also in central NY, and am also looking for additional info as I start to restore my tractor. I emailed the Grand Haven Stamped Products Company (at GHSP.com) and they were kind enough to send a package of basic info. We have what I believe is the high crop version (27" clearance at the front frame mounted roller). I've contacted several other owners and one collector is putting together an information booklet he's promised to share with other owners. Can't help you with the ZZ questions.

Pics coming...

·
HAMMAN
1,646 Posts
I just came across one of these today. Had a good talk with the owner. Didn't have a camera with me but I am going back to take some pictures. Quite a long family history with this tractor and its owner and family. Will post some pictures when I get back by there. Nice story to go with yours Junkezer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts