My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went in and took a look at the GR2110...looks great but the dealer won't come down one cent from MSRP of $8878. Is this common for everywhere?

·
Premium Member
5,747 Posts
I'm thinking of selling mine now that I have a nice 16G. It's a 2008 with 38 hours on it. It can't be told from new, not even a scratch on the mower deck.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Definitely talk to rscurtis. Used GR2110's are extremely rare to find. And seeings how his is practically brand new, could be an awesome deal.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just bought a GR2110 54" this week for for $7850.
Now that's what I'm talking about, not looking to steal one, if I buy one, just get it at a good fair price.

Did you negotoiate down from MSRP?

I'd prefer the 48" deck, wonder what you could have picked that one up for?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Definitely talk to rscurtis. Used GR2110's are extremely rare to find. And seeings how his is practically brand new, could be an awesome deal.
I definitely would if I were paying ca$h, but unfortunately I will need to finance my purchase.

I'm also looking at/thinking about JD x500 but I can't get the diesel Kubota out of my head. I was a bit put off by the local dealer here and his MSRP take it or leave it attitude.

If I could get the GR2110 at the right price I'd hop on it literally. :)

Here's why I need something on the heavy duty side:
http://i436.photobucket.com/albums/qq82/Deron-R/c514bcfc.jpg

·
Registered
13 Posts
Actually I didn't even negotiate. I called the dealer about a month ago and asked if he had any coming in and he did. Told him to give me a call when it came in. When it came it I went out to test drive it, then I just said so lets talk a price. That was the number he came up with. I was stunned and sure he messed up on the price. Never questioned it, just pretty much asked where to sign. He even knocked $100 off the bagging attachment which is still on order.

I think the 48" is a special order anymore. The 54" is a completely different beast with the Glide Steer system. My Craftsman is a 48" and I originally want the same on a Kubota. But the Kubota moved around obstacles better than my Craftsman does. As much as I could tell from the test drive. Mine will be delivered tomorrow!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually I didn't even negotiate. I called the dealer about a month ago and asked if he had any coming in and he did. Told him to give me a call when it came in. When it came it I went out to test drive it, then I just said so lets talk a price. That was the number he came up with. I was stunned and sure he messed up on the price. Never questioned it, just pretty much asked where to sign. He even knocked $100 off the bagging attachment which is still on order.

I think the 48" is a special order anymore. The 54" is a completely different beast with the Glide Steer system. My Craftsman is a 48" and I originally want the same on a Kubota. But the Kubota moved around obstacles better than my Craftsman does. As much as I could tell from the test drive. Mine will be delivered tomorrow!
----

Do you mind if I ask where you bought it? If they have a website I'd like to take a look at the inventory.

I'm sure they still made a nice profit, if the tractor buz is like others they're set up for a 35-40% profit minimum.

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
Deron, I would sure think with the mowing season drawing to a close you could find a dealer willing to negotiate to get items off the floor.

Get on the phone would be my advice.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Deron, I would sure think with the mowing season drawing to a close you could find a dealer willing to negotiate to get items off the floor.

Get on the phone would be my advice.
That's what I was thinking as well, I'll try another Kubota dealer...I can wait for the season to wind done if need be.

I live in a fairly urban section on KY...I could be wrong, but I'm thinking I may far a little better if I deal with someone from more of a rural area where they deal more in equipment than they do around the Cincinnati area.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
I got lucky and found mine with 12 hours on and the dealer took 3000 off. this was at the end of the season too.I have hills like yours and that's why this was the one. My JD210 could't handle the steep hills,So I gave it a new job.Try for a better deal,they need the sells. Can't beleave he they won't come down.

·
Premium Member
5,747 Posts
----

Do you mind if I ask where you bought it? If they have a website I'd like to take a look at the inventory.

I'm sure they still made a nice profit, if the tractor buz is like others they're set up for a 35-40% profit minimum.
The last time the OPE industry saw 35-40% was about 40 years ago. A top tier Stihl dealer, which comes with its own set of qualifications, is working on 27%. Snapper was 18% when I was a dealer, less on the entry-level mowers. Margins have dropped over the years, as the industry has been prostituted by greedy corporations and big box stores.

·
Registered
10 Posts
yes, but to the above poster you are factoring in your overall profit margin for ALL models/items available. Whenever you buy into a higher end luxury line, there's always a luxury style tax thats paid. I am willing to bet that Kubota dealer makes in the vicinity of a 35+ percent profit on each sale of a 21 series. Also, they do get kick backs for financing and also generally push for the usage of their own banks which offer a "quick" approval with a crap interest rate.

·
Premium Member
5,747 Posts
I doubt they get much kickback from Kubota Credit, which offers 0% financing on many items.

The 2110 has been replaced by the 2120, but Kubota no longer publishes prices on their web site.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts