My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a GR2110 that is 2 years old. When turning, there are time when it feels like the whole rear end is coming off. Is there an adjustment on the Glide Steer cables I need to address. Or is this something I live with?

·
Premium Member
5,747 Posts
There is, but I don't think it's covered in the owner's manual. The inside wheel should disengage when the front wheels are turned about 30 degrees.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Check the cables. There should be slight tension on them at the steer spindles with the wheels in the straight position.If one is loose or tight I would first check for a sticky cable by removing the end at steer spindle pin & pulling on cable to see if its free & if linkage at trans. is pulling against the return spring o.k. The levers on trans. linkage that release the drive clutches to each wheel should return fully to the stop with the cables released (wheels straight ahead).If both cables are adjusted too tight like my GR2100 was, the inside wheel will disengage too early at the slightest turn causing jerky drive.It also causes much stress when you find your trans screen full of clutch debris.If your cables & linkage/adjustment are o.k. & your rearend is falling off especially if when turning both directions & all the mounts are tight I would have the dealer check it out. Hope this helps .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts