My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the GR2000 for 3 years now and put 100 hrs on it.The steep slopes have taken a toll on the parking brake as I've always used it to slow the tractor on downhill runs.The dealer said I shouldn't have to use the brake as the Hydro should hold it back,but it never has.
So,they did the Hydro upgrade rebuild on Kubota's tab,and put new brake shoes on it at my expense.
I feel like I have a new tractor all over again.The Hydro feels much stonger now,pulls hills better,and reverse is quicker with more power.

Be warned,don't use the little 3 inch parking brake on the downhill runs,and press your dealer for the Hydro upgrade if you have an early model GR while under the 4yr goodwill warranty.

locknut

·
Machinery enthusiast
4,257 Posts
Good report. What all did the upgrade entail?

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure what all is involved.I've heard that some bushings are replaced with bearings and new seals.

The Tech also said that putting slight rearward pedal pressure on the Hydro while going downhill should not hurt anything.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
That's a good idea, I'l go check with my dealer about this. I still need to find out what town you live in to see if it's close enough to come see your great modes. Thank you for your fine post, keep them coming.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts