My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 40 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Nice buy! I can't fathom buying a machine like that new & sitting it outside or not at the very least cleaning the deck after the end of the season. I don't baby mine but I like to think I somewhat look after them LOL.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
For the life of me, I can't understand any first owner of a unit and keeping $15k-$20K worth of equipment exposed to the elements and not take care of it.
Then there’s my neighbor. He keeps his JD425 in his garage and parks his $75,000 Jaguar outside.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Then there’s my neighbor. He keeps his JD425 in his garage and parks his $75,000 Jaguar outside.
:ROFLMAO:

Ok....completely ridiculous, but totally understandable 😁

Hilarious.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited by Moderator)
That’s crazy.... lol. I grew up on a farm, my father was a good man, however he never covered anything, nor did ever have things organized or put stuff back when he finished whatever job he was doing..cutting a piece of wood and he’s set the saw down and walk away, and leave it outside.. I can’t count the amount of time I spent looking for tools... especially the hammer.. 190 acre farm with one hammer.. He called me Bud, and at least once a day I’d hear belllowed from somewhere.. “Bud, go find the hammer!!!” I learned quickly to remember where he last used it!! Haha!!
fast forward 40 years and I can’t leave anything out overnight, everything gets put undercover everyday.. and even tho I'm not OCD Enough to insist every tool is put back in its place every night, I know where to find it!! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: MISparty

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
We seem to be getting more and more new neighbors in the neighborhood that park their cars outside, sometimes mowers, some other things. My dad taught me things last much longer when inside. That’s why I built a detached garage for the boat, camper, mowers, and anything else I need or want to last, which is everything. The family across the street had 5 cars outside last winter and when you get a steady case of 6” plus a day, plus an occasional rain, I couldn’t imagine the time wasted scrapping and brushing their cars off. It may be this year will be different. The lady threw the guy out and the three kids are off to college. When you end up with two feet of snow on the ground by the end of Winter, I would think they would think there’s a better plan.

·
Super Moderator
13,296 Posts
Looks like a fun project! I’ll be following along.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Got a few little packages today.. new hydro couplers and caps.. Waiting on a bunch more! Did get a coupe coats of por-15 on.
5395F939-1E3C-45A0-8F45-0C38FA88A1BC.jpeg
5E5583F3-B612-4C44-8AD9-303F1CA2DA1D.jpeg

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Forrest, I guess you saw this John Deere 400 for sale in your state of Mass. Its in Fitchburg, Mass. for only $5950. It has a loader and backhoe and looks clean.

View attachment 2473415
I’ve eyeballed that a few times. It’s a pretty cool set up, one you don’t see very often.. and it’s only one town over! I just know it’s not big enough for what I need a BH for. I have my heart set on a 1 or 2 series someday. My plan all along has been to end up with a X595 for lawn and snow duty, and a 1-2 series TLB for the serious work. This purchase was the first step in that plan. Next year.. hopefully.. I’ll sell the X748 once I find the right deal on a 1-2.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Ohh and my stuff from JDparts came in and picked up.... only waiting for a few more items then it’s time to put it all back together.

·
Premium Member
8,996 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. You NEVER see those backhoes for sale, especially around here, but how deep do they actually dig (and is the machine itself heavy enough)? The loader looks great, though.

Mike

·
5,857 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,529 Posts
FTWingRider,

It's cleaning up very well.

Looking forward to seeing it once done, I'm sure it will look as new.

CCMoe

·
5,857 Posts
I tested the guy...he called me right away...said he was "cleaning crap" out of his phone when he got my text....but the tractor is gone and he has been too busy to take the ad down

3,088 Posts
I saw a Cub Cadet 7235 series with a loader for 6900 but I can't remember where I saw it. Oh, its that place where RareFish (Joe) bought his trailer in Penna. It doesn't say the hours.

21 - 40 of 101 Posts