My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Man w/skills
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got a chance to try out my drop spreader today. I finished the repairs a few weeks ago, but didn't get a chance to do anything until today.
Well, I can say that it is most definitely the only way to go when laying down fertilizer! I used one of the GT6K's, mostly because everything else already has something hitched up and this one was easy to get to.
It works out that the width on the spreader is almost exactly the width of the rear tires, so all I had to do was put my outside edges even with the last pass, and everything went smooth and easy. It was so nice being able to just dump a whole bag in and ride around the yard for a while.

Also, I tried to disk up the garden (plowed it last week) with the 18/6 and the bigger disk....that wasn't working too well. It just wasn't breaking things up like I wanted, so I took the disk off and put on the tiller. I have to service the tiller for the season, so I just took it around to the shop, put a little fresh gas in and let her run for a few minutes before draining the oil. I am going to change the gearbox oil as well (see my other thread).

Whenever I find my camera cable I'll upload some pics.

·
Premium Member
4,014 Posts
Sounds like you had some FUN!!

Pics are always welcome!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts