My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my X530 yesterday, works pretty good but I don't like the bracket setup, it does not allow for a very high lift. Also installed the manual angle kit and that does work pretty good. As usual the directions were a little vague in spots:banghead3 and the bracket that holds the rod to adjust the blade must be universal as it looked nothing like what was in the instructions. Will be taking a hacksaw to it to cut off the uneeded part.
Guess the true test will come in a couple of months.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Before you take a hacksaw to it post a pick! had that set up on my X540 there was nothing to cut off.
Dave

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
There should be nothing to cut off. slkpk

·
Premium Member
7,994 Posts
As for not lifting as high as you would like, the manual foot operated lift on my X500 needs to be adjusted when you switch from the mower deck to the plow blade. I don't know if the hydraulic lift on the X530 requires a similar adjustment or not.

·
The Gate Keeper
1,181 Posts
Take that plow off before you jinx the state into thinking that winter is coming. We probably still have 2 months left of mowing season. :crybaby:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, here are some pics of the bracket, it looks nothing like the whats in the manual or on the website. The top half is what I'm wanting to remove, that extra claw looks bad and will probably end up snagging my sleeve or something.

sorry about the last pic, camera is going bad.

It only fits on one way, I'm guessing it is a universal mount?

·
Run ahead of the pack
9,968 Posts
The top part of the bracket is used by the snowblower chute cable adjustment.

On the left in the picture.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Stladrill, since I don't plan on a blower I'm going to trim the top half off and repaint it.

·
Registered
403 Posts
It looks like the wrong bracket. Take it back to the dealer and get the right one.
Dave

·
Registered
656 Posts
OK, here are some pics of the bracket, it looks nothing like the whats in the manual or on the website. The top half is what I'm wanting to remove, that extra claw looks bad and will probably end up snagging my sleeve or something.
The bracket for the manual angle kit that I have for my X500 looks quite different from that in the photos.

I cannot go out to photograph mine right now, but could probably find drawings on the JD web site after a while.

There's a yellow-colored round bar piece that fastens to the side of the battery box frame and then loops down and under the edge of the hood. A small black bracket screws to the round-bar piece with the big knob, and there's a bushing for the handle to go through. You have a lot more metal on the black bracket, and it appears to be for another purpose.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It looks like the wrong bracket. Take it back to the dealer and get the right one.
Dave
Sent the dealer one of the photos and he confirmed Deere went to one bracket for both the blade and blower. Time to nip and tuck as even if I were to switch to the blower the bracket comes with.

·
Banned
12,901 Posts
Sent the dealer one of the photos and he confirmed Deere went to one bracket for both the blade and blower. Time to nip and tuck as even if I were to switch to the blower the bracket comes with.
Sounds like your on the right track for hack saw time and a smooth file to clean up the edge then giver er a shot of paint..:fing32:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts