My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of days ago I got the 73 PK and plow out and plowed up the garden area, garden was a total bust this year for me got it in late be cause of the broken arm and it just failed to take off anyway its plowed will decide next spring what I will do

HPIM1348.JPG

HPIM1349.JPG

HPIM1350.JPG

HPIM1690.JPG

HPIM1691.JPG

HPIM1692.JPG

HPIM1693.JPG

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi PA318Guy, it was really to wet here also but I wanted to get it done and the forecast wasn't encouraging its not a pretty job up close but it done

·
Parts collector
3,332 Posts
:thThumbsU

·
Premium Member
5,790 Posts
Nice job, GB. I plowed up a field in late September and re-seeded for hay/pasture and its greening up nicely. I plowed with the Farmall Super C.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi cjet that looks good did you run over it with a disc and harrow to get it ready to seed? Hows your weather its getting cooler and cooler almost to the point of cold here only 27*F here right now little past noon

·
Premium Member
5,790 Posts
Hi cjet that looks good did you run over it with a disc and harrow to get it ready to seed? Hows your weather its getting cooler and cooler almost to the point of cold here only 27*F here right now little past noon
Yep, ran over it with the disc pulled by our Farmall M. Then tilled it with the Case IH 485. I followed that with a 15 ft long H-Beam to smooth and level and tilled again. Then we spread the seed, chain harrowed with the farmall H, and rolled it down with the IH 284. Its kinda fun to get a bunch of the tractors all involved in the process. We had about a week of rain starting a couple weeks back with temps in the mid 50's and now are in about a week of sun with cooler weather with highs in the upper 40's with freezing overnight. The pastures are starting to get soft so its about time to pull the cows off and put them in the feedlot.

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey cjet you had an operation going on kind of like me got to try all the equipment you got, sounds like you hit just right getting seed out in front of the rain and nice weather

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Austen, yes I had a good time but wish the ground had been a little drier we have had so much rain this fall and the ground is saturated but I figured if I didn't get it done I wouldn't and it turns out there has been no chance since I did plow.
How's everything going out your way what have you been doing

·
Premium Member
7,140 Posts
Hi Austen, yes I had a good time but wish the ground had been a little drier we have had so much rain this fall and the ground is saturated but I figured if I didn't get it done I wouldn't and it turns out there has been no chance since I did plow.
Some years are like that, any seat time is better than no seat time. :)

How's everything going out your way what have you been doing
Busy with work mainly and trying to do as much outside on the weekends before the weather really turns. Thanks for asking!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts