My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I thought I had uploaded this already, Guess not. When I first got my Husq I decided to test it out and see how well the hydrostatic handled the snow. Was fine until I went to make a sharp turn and the machine felt like going foward instead. :banghead3:

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She has chains now, Pushes through the snow fine now :)

·
Super Moderator
17,136 Posts
You are trying to push thru snow, which is termed 'resistance"--so without the extra help of weight and chazins--NADA!!

More snow--deeper resistance--eventually you have a stand off....:crybaby:

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
From the pics,,,maybe you need to adjust the brakes too,,,,:sidelaugh,,,,looks like you overshot the driveway by about 20 feet.

You have plenty of tractor there,,you have chains now,,,,add some wheel weights and load the tires,,and I doubt you will be able to get it stuck anywhere you go.
It takes about 14 gallons to load both tires. Wheels weights are easy to find used if you keep a look out for them.

·
Registered
6,972 Posts
Thats what I did with my RER 5hp Wards Garden Mark back in the 70s. I'd get a wild hair in me and get it running on a winter day when I was bored and drive it through the snow covered lawn. I think one time I was pulling on the starter cord a half hour before it started. You could see my path in the lawn the next spring. It bothered my family. Oh well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts