My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
5,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two weeks ago at the Oakley tractor show, in the flea market I found 2 new steering wheels and a gas cap that are about 100% like the originals on my Ridemaster. :thThumbsU

I will use the steering wheels on the 1950/51 and the 1951 Ridemaster sense the wheels are about shot on them.

Here the pics

Gas cap

Steering wheel

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Both are very clean and sharp looking.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
wonder where they were stored to remain so clean?

·
5,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its new stuff.

The cap is for a ford tractor power stearing pump.
The wheel if for a ford or IH tractor.

·
Registered
829 Posts
That's some good finds.

·
Lindeman crawler fan
2,801 Posts
Nice repo steering wheel, Jerome.

Bolens used the same steering wheel that was used on the late 40's and early 50's Ford tractors.
I mounted one of those reproduction steering wheels on my 48 Ridemaster.
Here is the link to how it was done.

6- http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=104716

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Nice repo steering wheel, Jerome.

Bolens used the same steering wheel that was used on the late 40's and early 50's Ford tractors.
I mounted one of those reproduction steering wheels on my 48 Ridemaster.
Here is the link to how it was done.

6- http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=104716
Rae, you never showed how you redid the actual shaft that the steering column slides onto. If you redid the shaft, what did you use and did you have to grind out the old one that fits through the frame of the ridemaster?

·
Lindeman crawler fan
2,801 Posts
you never showed how you redid the actual shaft that the steering column slides onto. If you redid the shaft, what did you use and did you have to grind out the old one that fits through the frame of the ridemaster?
All I did was sandblast it to get the rust off and bolted it back into the frame.
After the steering wheel was finished, I slid it onto the shaft and put a new snapring on the top of the shaft.
Then I gave the grease fitting a couple of shots and the steering wheel was ready for use.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts