My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I traded my $20 sickle bar for two engines today. The more I thought about it the lack of practicality outweighed the cool factor with the sickle bar. I swapped with a a guy about 20 minutes away from me, a former Sears guy. He has some Simplicities, and will be putting the bar on one of them. The engines I got are an OHV160 Tecumseh. Complete minus the air cleaner. Doesnt have much compression, gonna look at the valves sooner or later. Has the carb, starter, and all the tins and stuff. I also got an Onan BF/MS. He said he thinks it has a busted rod, but I will investigate further. It is complete minus the starter, air cleaner, and coil. Has a MINT exhaust, and the carb looks okay too. I think it has the fuel pump but I havent looked yet.

Pics tomorrow.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hugh do you have a compression tester, interested in the Tecs psi thanks I have 2 both read within 5 psi of each other.
Yeah I will be testing the compression. Both engines will likely be for sale.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
:eek:mg::eek:Hugh you traded the sickle bar mower for two broken motors?

just kidding...if you have no use for it might as well let it go to someone who will use it :)

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Tecumseh will more than likely be for sale. Im leaning towards keeping the Onan as a backup/rebuild parts engine.

If you guys want any OHV160 parts, let me know, other wise they are going on ebay.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Cool, I wouldn't mind have that BF/MS engine it is the same as my tractor. I think it was a fair trade if you got something you wanted ,& will use.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I will have a muffler and brush guard for sale, not the pipes Joe.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts