My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Waited and waited and - it was worth it.

HFT has a 15 gallon, single wand spot sprayer with a 12VDC Delavan pump. It looked like good quality, and definitely had the potential for a 3 pt hitch boom sprayer project. The list price was $120 and it was in stock locally.

This is not exactly what it looks like, but is basically the same and this is the one shown on the HFT website.

So it went on sale (still is) at $100 and I used one of the 20% off coupons, so it sitting in the garage for $80.

Now I need to design the boom and 3 point hitch assembly.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Good score on your purchase. Just don't forget when you make your booms, add a breakaway feature to them.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
I've got one like that but only a 10 gal, wish now I'd have got the 16 gal. I made a mount for mine to go on the three point (easiest place to mount it). So far it's done all I've needed it to.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I got one like that as a present when I moved into my new house a while back, though mine came from Northern instead of HF. I got the broadcast nozzle for it, which throws a good spread and I like it better than boom arms. The only problem with it is that I really wish I had one with a bigger tank; 15 gallons just doesn't last very long. I think I'm going to buy a bigger one next year to use for broadcast spraying, and use the 15 gallon one solely for spot spraying.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts