My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
....now after 30 years of a regular lawn tractor...I finally got rid of the steering wheel!! Guess will be a learning experience, but after about 15 minutes of driving it around the back yard, it didn't seem too bad. I think I will enjoy mowing instead of dreading it...for a little while at least.
Everyone have a good weekend...this is a great Forum.
Sorry about the pic being so large...I thought I picked the smaller one for forums, etc.

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
Congrats on the new ride, looks like a fine machine, hope it serves you well :fing32:.

:thanku: for the pic !

·
Registered
964 Posts
Congrats!!! And we prefer life-size photos anyway :)

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Looks awesome !!!

·
Super Moderator
17,144 Posts
So what Cub Dealer did you end up buying it from?

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Looks good! Definitely check the air press in those rear tires. They look grossly overinflated like mine were. I've never really determined what the 2 pins are for the deck lift/height adjustment. Mine came with 2 as well.

Joel

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To Joel and Seargent....I will check the tires .... and I got it at Sistek in So. Wilmington....he gave me $500 more for my trade than the guy in Elburn wanted to give me.

I did a little cutting with it after supper....got the mulch kit, lotsa dust/debris on top of the deck...but grass was not that high and really been dry here....hoping for some rain so the grass will green up a little and maybe grow some more...see what it will do then. Also when the leaves start falling...see how good it mulches....maybe won't have to buy a bagger...we'll see.....and Joel, I really didn't notice that the deck was extremely noise...maybe cuz my old 2160 deck used to scream pretty much...I got used to it.

Take care guys, and thanks everyone for the nice comments.

·
forkz
6,176 Posts
nice machine daniel drop the air n the rears to about 10# thats what i run in my z 50 n about 15 tom 20 n front looks great howm u doing joel

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
I saw one similar to that the other day with a steering wheel on it. It looked cool. slkpk

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
I saw one similar to that the other day with a steering wheel on it. It looked cool. slkpk
That's the Z-Force S. That was the only ZF my dealer had in the showroom when I bought mine. Pretty cool, but too new and too many steering parts for my liking. There's a bunch of mechanical steering components for the front wheels, plus steering linkages to the transaxles. The frames rails are bigger on the "S", but the tires are smaller. Also, it kind of reminds me of something like a Snapper rear engine rider!:fing20:

Joel

·
Registered
275 Posts
Very nice! You're going to love that zero turn. Even though I like my GT2544, I really do miss the tight turning radius of a zero turn mower - no need for reverse in my yard like I have to with my tractor.

·
Registered
522 Posts
nice ride!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts