My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my 1956 L running, after finding out that I put the big carburetor gasket on backwards! :ROF idiot! flooding it out. I recently did a carburetor rebuild on the old Zenith cast iron and got it working good, with PERFECT float height and some new jets and gaskets. It can still flood somewhat if you leave the gas on from the tank because the pressure from gravity forces it into your choke, then the air cleaner tube, then you gotta take it all apart.....not cool:Disgus: . Me and my dad have been busy workin' on it, my dad put new points and condenser in the old wico and timed it for me, and I did a carburetor rebuild and added cooling shrouds and a new exhaust system. Also I took an old beat up hood from my other L for the summer. I'll post a video of it running tommorow on Memorial Day and some plowing.....should be fun! :thThumbsU. Oh yeah and I'm workin on the other complete model L, trying to get it running too!

·
Premium Member
4,710 Posts
Way to go. Send pix!

·
Registered
3 Posts
yo..i have a 1956 model L gravely..my dad purchased new ....when i was 3 yrs, old.. paid $300..with many attachments...wow!!!!!!!!!!!! it still
starts every time..(with a stater i got in 1971 for 200 bucks..) i got 7 other gravely's all model L's..from i think 1938 to 1962. got them cheap in conn.
just for the starter unit,,one has wooden handles..and low oil compression,,i think its 1938..maybe.....never tried to start it yet,,i also found a rare model
Le...had no oil..but i have never seen one,,,ever!! pete
[email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts