My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought it about 2 months ago for $250. It is beat up, the fender pan has some major repairs done on it, the deck gearbox and one spindle apart and in a tub and the engine turned by hand.

The first thing I did was pull the belts to the driveshaft for the mower deck. I didn't want the yoke to beat up the oil pan if it started. I put a battery in it, filled the radiator and checked to see that the glow plugs had power to them. They did and it started. It ran great with no blowby.

Now came the plugged up cooling system. It wouldn't circulate. I pulled the thermostat housing to find it plugged up solid including the thermostat. It had been stored without coolant. It looks like the housing kept corroding and the dust plugged everything up. The housing had a hole in it after cleaning it so I pulled one off a G4200 engine that I have. I left the thermostat out and back flushed the radiator and block. I drove it out around the vineyard and it didn't over heat. The hydrostat works good.

The hitch is only 6" off the ground. I need 12". I took the hitch of my Hatz-Deere 212. It will work. I'll have to clean out the holes in the back of the housing to bolt it on. I'll take the ag tires and 50# weight off and put them on the Kubota. It will be nice to pull trailers with something I don't have to hand crank.

· Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It isn't pretty, but will get the job done. All of the stove bolts are going through a piece of tin on the back side to hold the fender pan together.

I threw in a couple of green pics. That is where the hitch, ag tires and weights came from. You can see a rubber plug down on the side of the Hatz diesel where the hand crank goes. It is soooo nice to turn the key on the Kubota to start it. I won't miss the hand cranking although I never had to wonder if a battery was up. It served me well for over 8 years.

Attachments

· Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been using it a lot the last few days pulling trailers. It keeps the B6100's lose for other things.

· Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The gearbox and one spindle were in pieces in a plastic tub. I don't need the deck. I won't be using it for a mower.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.