My Tractor Forum banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #62 (Edited)
Its working already. Definitely needs extra ballast weight planning to build a cary all sortof weight bracket for the back with some sort od hitch. Welded some hooks to to bucket and used them a bunch already!

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #64 (Edited)
well what the heck I cant seem edit my posts to fix upside down pics!! well i guess ill just post more. Really cool that it still fits in my trailer. I have been using it all around the yard organizing heavy stuff that I didn't want to move on my own! not sure what the bolens squareback tiller weighs but it lifts it like no ones business. tidy tank had 5 inches of diesel in the bottom. its so handy already with some more ballast weight its just gonna get better ;-)

Attachments

·
21,713 Posts
Did you load the rear tires?

Calcium chloride is the heaviest, but rusts the wheels out in about 12 years.

Rim Guard is the next heaviest, but isn't readily available in Canada.

That leaves Agri-Lim, windshield washer antifreeze, and RV (plumber's) antifreeze at about 8.3 lb/US gallon (1 kilo/liter), or about 70 lb (32 kilos) for a 23x10.5-12 tire.

There is about a 2 hour window for members to edit their posts after posting.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Not loaded yet but was thinking water and windshield washer fluid mixed would be a bit cheaper and as it rarely gets much lower then -5 here by the ocean so i should be ok with a lean mix. But with the 75lb wheel weights and loaded tires is that going to be enough? I have a big counterweight solid steel about 5x8x22 its heavy thinking of building a mount for that on the back. Hmm maybee i should build the three point hitch now haha ?? Need to figure out a nice way to build a rock shaft with a decent sized ram so it will be pushing to lift the hitch. Anyways its fun

Just had the back wheels come up playing around with a 3b toyota diesel hangin off the bucket. Had to make a quick move to set it down fun fun

Also im trying to figure out how i can remove the 3 spd and replace with a hydro unit. The final drive case is the same on both models and the hydro one uses an eaton11. I understand that eaton 11 and 10 share the same mounting flange and general size is the same. Also on the 11 they can be reversed to ccw or ca depending on how the charge pump is assembled. Anyone know if this can be done with an eaton 10. Then i would need to some how attach the pinion gear from the back of the trans to the hydro output at the right spacing and ofcouse build a driveshaft and linkages aswell as plumbing. i have a bolens h16 that i could rob the hydro from. Just an idea i might look into at some point finding the right part from an hst model seems to hard in my area and probly costly but i have the bolens so thats nice if its even possible

·
21,713 Posts
I ran my MF 12H loader with 65 lb of CaCl in the 23x8.50-12 tires, plus 40 lb wheel weights and 12 lb of 2-link chain on each tire for a total of 234 lb. I added about 175 lb of scrap to a bucket behind the seat. A 500 lb payload was no problem. At 700 lb, it was a bit light in the back end and the MF 12H is a bit heavier than the G3200, I think. Another 100 lb or so on the back of your tractor will be a benefit. That 255 lb counterweight will give it some serious traction.

If you're going to take the hydro from the Bolen's for it, why not take the final drive as well?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
I ran my MF 12H loader with 65 lb of CaCl in the 23x8.50-12 tires, plus 40 lb wheel weights and 12 lb of 2-link chain on each tire for a total of 234 lb. I added about 175 lb of scrap to a bucket behind the seat. A 500 lb payload was no problem. At 700 lb, it was a bit light in the back end and the MF 12H is a bit heavier than the G3200, I think. Another 100 lb or so on the back of your tractor will be a benefit. That 255 lb counterweight will give it some serious traction.

If you're going to take the hydro from the Bolen's for it, why not take the final drive as well?
the weights gonna make a difference for sure!

As for the hydro i think leaving the transaxle from the kubota will be easier. swapping the whole transaxle would mean relocating the fuel tank and making custom mounts for everything also its quite a bit narrower. Putting the hydro unit on the kubota transaxle I will need to make the pedal linkage and a drive shaft and plumbing. The rear housing could even be made to share hydrostatic fluid as its already casted and tapped for the hydro filter and lines it just needs to drilled through in a few spots ;-) the hydro pedal pivot hole/bushing and cut out on floorboard are already there too! should be doable as long as the output gear can be adapted and rotation can be changed.

excited to dig into the bolens and get the hydro out!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
hmmm just had a thought but it would require some serious customizing but what if i put the eaton 10 (cw rotation with a sealed rear output from h16 bolens) in front of the three speed kubota trans remove the clutch completely and block out the reverse gear. that would make for some nice gear ranges for lots of speed or torque! would it work? or would the transmission not like the switching directions? still up in the air but the diesel loader with hydrostatic would be so nice.

oh and i made a quick mount for the steel ingot to bolt onto the rear end and it sure made a difference in traction and the ability to get a good scoop of dirt!

·
Premium Member
7,141 Posts
Looking real good, greencruiser!! :thThumbsU Thanks for the pics!

Yes, a loader is a very handy tool in more ways than one could ever begin to count. Probably the most universal attachment to have on any tractor.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Thanks its been lots of fun. Ive gotten so much done with it in the last month. Moved a couple yards of soil for my garden moved a woodshed and filled with wood turned the compost heap and have been using it to lift big heavy rounds onto the splitter. Such a handy tool to have around!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Well after 4 years of abuse and working hard this thing has held up well about a year ago i had new rods made for the bucket cyls the chrome was worn off and pitted. Also Made some clamp on manure forks for the bucket they work amazing for composting and brush work😀

Attachments

·
21,713 Posts
Looking GOOD!!!!!

Gotta luv having a loader to play with. I've been playing with mine for over 40 years. Best investment I ever made!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #74 (Edited)
Yeah its been super handy and usefull and now its time for another fun attachment. The wife found me some more toys on facebook marketplace a couple weeks back. I would never have expected to find such a deal but here it is. A ld6 brantly hoe and loader that was originally on an ariens garden tractor for 800$!!!! So after drooling and staring at this thing for a few hrs I decided to mock it up on the little kubota. First thing first needed was more space between the rear tires and the hoes framework so i got some jeep wheel spacers from the amazon then redrilled and tapped the wheel studs to 1/2 to get them mounted up. I then started fabbing up a mounting system and I think ive got it in a decent position so then I decided to hook up the hydraulics and cycled it through some functions and wow this is going to be alot of fun. Blew one hose for the bucket but that didnt stop me from playing aroud😀😀

Attachments

·
21,713 Posts
Alright, be honest now, just how much blood was spilled in that theft!!!

Great deal, now you need a heavier tractor to go with the new goodies.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Hmm a bigger heavier tractor with powersteering would be nice too. But this is what i have right now and i think it will be allright. I do also have an old jd140h3 and a mf14 with a yanmar one cylinder diesel but the kubota has the best engine and is already setup with hudraulic pump etc. So the kubota it is😀

·
21,713 Posts
Both of your other tractors have Sundstrand hydros with tough final drives (rear ends). I know from experience how much ballast is required to damage the final drive in your MF14 through traction improvement, and it is unlikely that you will EVER apply that much weight.

Diesel or gas, the hydro doesn't care which is powering it. It only care about how much traction the drive wheels have, and GTs of that size have rear ends rated for about 1250 lb-ft of axle torque. I'm not sure what the rating is for the Kubota, but that is the rating for the Peerless 2500 in the MF14 and the Dana in the JD140 will have a similar rating.

61 - 78 of 78 Posts