My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, boy I like CL found me a Heald VT-7 Super Bronc while it's not a beauty queen it does run and drive and it will give me some thing to do this fall/winter. Here she is:

This is the Trail Bronc that I finally got running.

GB in MN :trink39:

·
Great Site Good People
6,659 Posts
Very nice find! I believe those mini bikes were manafactured in the 70's through the early eightys. Is that a Tuscumseh motor? Looks very clean!:thThumbsU

·
Registered
833 Posts
Great find GB in MN,

- you will have fun rides with that "Heald" and the "Super Bronc" model / very nice

Here is a link I found / as I didn't know about all the mini bikes in production, years ago:
http://www.minibikeclub.com/members/gallery.shtml

--------------------------------------
Beaumont { :>)) www.petperfectexpress.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=135888 http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=136600&page=3
1992 JD 318 original paint w/484 hr. on P218g Onan & #49 snow blower / 1998 JD GT262 w/brand new Kawasaki OHV & 48" rebuilt deck
http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=135838

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys the Trail Bronc VT3 has a 5 hp Tecumseh and the Super Bronc VT7 has a 7 hp Tecumseh, the SB has electric start which is nice . Will strip both this Fall/winter and repaint etc.
GB in MN

·
Great Site Good People
6,659 Posts
GB in MN, You probably can ride that bike all day and still have some gas! Thanks for posting the pics. Be sure and send us some more eye candy when you restore it. :trink39:

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Nice bikes!:trink40:

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi eveled,whose the mfg, the one with no engine kind of looks like a Tote goat(?) the other I have not seen before.
Yea Motown, thats a good mini bike site, lots and lots of photos and information there.
GB in MN

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here's a couple of photos since I've been working on the Super Bronc and got it running rode it more today:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Awesome find. The fact that it has all the parts is a huge accomplishment in itself. I wasn't so lucky. I got my hands on a Superbronc that has the wheels the fenders and even a good Tec 10th motor but I can't find the clutch/brake combination Tav. This didn't have the jackstaff setup but I am sure it would work if I flipped the rear wheel but would rather have th the tav and brake all in one deal. I have had a few people promise to get me one over the last few months but here I am without the Tav. If anyone has one let me know.

Again awesome find. I would also like to find a trail bronc eventually.

·
DOH!!
34 Posts
Nice find!! I've always liked those. I have one of their trikes I assembled from a kit years ago. We still use it!
What part of MN are you in, I'm in the cities.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Guys, SERadtke, I'm near Alexandria, MN, when did you buy your Super Bronc and which model is it?
Savian1973, yea finding a Tav system can be tough, I have seen them on e bay once in a while and the sell for lots of money. Have you talked to Ron at Power Tec in Benton Harbor, Mi. from what I learned from him is the 10 hp was very hard on the Tav system a little to much torque for the system so later on Heald came out with the VT-10-40 which used the bigger clutches like on the Super Trykes and went back to a jackshaft with the rear wheel turned back like the VT-7's but I can understand wanting to try and keep it original. Mine is a VT-7 with the 7hp Tec. Here's a couple of photos of it now:

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi I bought my Super Tryke in 1981 the kids just about run the wheels off it about 4 yrs ago I restored it and I use it all the time wouldn't couldn't be with out it. Started out with the std 8 hp Tec but in about 1990 switched to a 11 hp electric start Honda what a great machine.
GB in MN

·
DOH!!
34 Posts
When we ordered our kit, we got all the options. Bench seat, carrying racks, hyd. disc brakes, reverse, and a Briggs twin (I think it's 16hp). I had to re-engineer the brake system.... I ended up using a master and two calipers off of a ZR580 which works MUCH better! It has been a great machine, we keep it up at the lake and use it there.

·
Retired Mod
3,734 Posts
GB, is that your rupp also? i have several of them (in boxes lol) and i have a 1969 bonanza chopper & a large tire baja (like the ones sold at tractor supply) my main problem is the time to play with them but at least theyre all stored inside for future fun lol.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hi GB, thanks for some insight. I did speak with Ron and he said with all new parts I could be looking at 5-6 hundred dollars which is way out of my range. I wouldn't even mind flipping it but I hasn't even seen a tav and jackstaff for a SB 1040. It's almost come to the point where I may just sell it or trade it along with some cash and find another super bronc or trail bronc. This would be my last choice of course. This just seems depressing. :) lol I just want to getting running so bad. Any other suggestions?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts