My Tractor Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
wow that thing purrs like a kitten now. great job. only think you need is the toro mulch plug . it really makes these a better mulcher.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
wow that thing purrs like a kitten now. great job. only think you need is the toro mulch plug . it really makes these a better mulcher.
Thanks! It really does run smooth. I had my hand over the microphone for some of the video which is why the sound kept getting muffled. But it runs much smoother than any Lawn Boy I've had. Not hating on the LBs, but this thing is just a step above. As for the mulch plugs, it came with 2 of them ?

IMG_20191216_115440033-2137x1603 (1).jpg

And I also have the little blade accelerator that comes on the recyclers.

I just need to install my trailing shield. Then everything else is cosmetic. I want to repaint the recoil and the flywheel shroud and get new decals for them. I should also repaint the handle. There are a few other odds and ends I'd like to fix too, nothing big though.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Looks great and sounds even better Joe. It has come a long way since you picked it up.
Thanks Ben. I'm really happy with how it has come out so far. I can't wait to try it out in some tall grass!

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
mowing really tall and thick grass is where this engine falls a little short. it dosnt have the raw power that most other 2 cycles have. the lawn boy duraforce is more powerfull here and the Suzuki is for sure a better overall engine. I finally built my own toro with kawi 180jf as I never could find a used one for sale. this gets my extreme toro jobs. best 2 cycle of all time is the Wisconsin robin.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Suzuki 4 stroke finally finished using all used parts from the junk toro pile. oil change-new belt and good used gator blade. used my last good toro 3 speed trans. ready for work next spring. the Suzuki starts easy and runs smooth.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I just posted a bunch of toro/Suzuki parts in the for sale section. Whole bunch of stuff, I'm selling it all cheap. If anyone is interested let me know.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I haven't posted in here in a while but I've been using this mower a couple times a week with the bagger to suck up yard debris. It runs great! It's a super smooth runner. Always starts on the first or second pull too. The grass isn't quite long enough to need cut yet but it won't be long. Maybe another week. Anyways, just an update.

20200331_154606.jpg

·
5K Poster!!!
5,141 Posts
I have two of these beasts... Its all I use on my lawn but I never use the bag, mulch only. The best mower ever IMO... Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I have two of these beasts... Its all I use on my lawn but I never use the bag, mulch only. The best mower ever IMO... Enjoy!
It mows very nicely. It doesn't bag very well. I like to use the bagger for sucking up leaves and all the winter yard debris. My Honda mower is better for bagging. The Toro is far superior at mulching though. And it's built like a tank!

41 - 52 of 52 Posts