My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Toady I finally got a Allis Chalmers GT. I have been wanting to get one for awhile. I really like my friends old soverign that he has. The one I got today is a 712S. The PO said that it sat for 3 years and when I got there he had it running and it seemed to run decently. It also came with a mower deck in sort of rough shape.

I got it for $50 but I think that I might have paid to much for it.

I know how much everyone likes pics so here are two pictures of it.

Attachments

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
Congrats, a little TLC, some fixin up here and there, great restore project, you done well I think :fing32:

:thanku: for the pics !

·
Simplicity Benn
1,574 Posts
Unless that 50$ is a typo, you dd great! That's a steal, can't see why anyone would think a well buil running machine like that isn't. Nice score!!

·
Senior Tinkerer
1,602 Posts

I got it for $50 but I think that I might have paid to much for it.
$50.? Yeah, I know, you thought maybe he would pay you to take it off his hands? :sidelaugh

I notice the sheet metal is straight and unless the deck is rusted really bad, it will just take a little elbow grease to get it in shape (well, maybe some paint remover, too). :D

I think you done good!! :fing32:

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
:congrats::congrats:You have a lot to work with. slkpk

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was just kidding about thinking that I paid to much LOL. When I saw that it was only 50 bucks I replied to craigslist add right away and I was the first to reply too.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
THIEF!!! Unless you're kidding, then you're a THIEF with a sense of humor. Nice find!
I was just kidding. The guy jsut really wanted it gone fats and he said that $50 was what the scrap yard would give him for it.

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
You did great on that machine!

I had a friend that had one of those growing up and it will work! They're great tractors.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts