My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dad and I went this week to look at a dozer, bought it, and had it delivered this Friday. WHoo-hoo. :D
(BTW ignore the date, I never set the new camera, so the date is off)

It's a JD 420 (ya, ya, I know Steve!:ROF ) and runs like a top! It was hauled home in the pouring rain, and started right up even so!

The under-carriage, tracks, and rollers seem to be in really good shape. This picture is after a thorough cleaning after I used it for about half an hour.

I didn't measure, but I think it has an 8 foot blade. I was very impressed with the pile of mud I was able to push up in 20-30 minutes.

It sat outside all winter, so after I got it all clean, I changed out some very gray gunky oil.

Dash and controls.

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
Wow !, that is an awesome big ole green beast of a machine there David :fing32:

:thanku: for the pics !

·
6,352 Posts
Now that you went and bought a Deere.....what the heck am I gonna tease you about now.

You buying green and I am still looking for a Farmall H.....just goes to show we are open minded.

Congrats, you'll love it! :trink39:

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
Cool!

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
nice crawler buying JD seems to happen to the best of us at one time or another....just remember you can always paint it yellow call it an industrial model if you get hassle

·
Premium Member
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jim, she's not that big, it wouild be the kid's toy the dealers gave out when you bought a D9 Cat. :ROF It's about the size of my S10 pickup, but it's still quiet the l'il work horse.

Steve, I'm sure we'll still find stuff to razz on. :D BTW, I have a pretty nice H here if'n yer lookin for an excuse to head into the frozen tundra. :fing32:

Bear,,,, yellow,,,,,hmm, that doesn't sound like a bad idea. :trink39:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hy all, I am new to the post. dose any one have any feed back on a Kabota gr 2110? I just ordered one. Also any one ever broke a belt on the mid mount mower drive of a EX3200 Cub Cadet. Ow and nice crawler I could use one, My only blade is a 10k Kabota Excavator, works ok but not like that would.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
I have to say...Mighty Fine Mighty Fine!:fing32: I have worked with a Government Fleet service for over 20 years. Many different manufacturers, but that is a sweet piece of Equipment.Could cause marital issues if I kept a few of the OLD pieces that's gone through that building. Congrats!:fing32:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts