My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:howdy: hey everyone pick up a ss15 with a sears loader.also pick a vary nice super 12 all original. ok the ss15 is on it last leg.so I put the loader on the super 12 everything seem to work fine,but when it got hot I have hydro oil coming out of the fill cap bleed hole.not sure what up with that anybody know? here a few pic's

Attachments

·
Registered
870 Posts
I think Dave is right. As hydraolic fluid get hot it well expand. (Overflowing tank if its too full)

I hope its this simple.:)

Sent from the MTF Free App

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
WOW you have nice tractors. :swow:

Whats wrong with the 15?

·
Sears Tractor Fan
1,262 Posts
I am very jealous of that haul. Nice score. Everything looks to be in great original condition. The loader looks awesome on the '68 Super 12.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:thanku:thx everyone, I did fill it up. when it was on the ss15 and never ran it long enough to get it hot. the ss15 vary low comp. smokes bad and just has no power. I got this super 12 it was like new but owner said the ignition was bad and had it all in a box. i bought with the plow and trailer gave him 500.00cash. put it all back together yea no spark. got a new spark plug fired right up.:bananapow clean the carb, and it been running great for 2-mouth.so I put a add on cl. wanted sears tractor attachment.. I got a call man said I got one of those tractor with a loader and a few attachment. long story short we agree 1000.00 cash takes all got ss15. loader, rotto tiller, cannon, v-plow and home made brush bucket. now the super 12 was bought new and was kept inside all its life. it has the original sears ties on it and no crack.:thThumbsU thx's for the help everyone I plan to use it all day tomorrow so I guess it will stop leaking when oil level get right ?

·
Briggs powered Sears.
2,856 Posts
thos briggs on the ss15s are strong until they get worn out take it apart see if you can rebuild it or possibly bore it. i just put a 16hp cast iron engine on my sub 15 and its a very strong engine ill try to take video of it tom afternoon

·
22,353 Posts
I plan to use it all day tomorrow so I guess it will stop leaking when oil level get right ?
Should do. How much oil does the reservoir hold? You should fill it with all cylinders fully retracted and leave at least 10% of the volume for expansion.

·
Premium Member
9,949 Posts
Stop what you're doing, strap it to some pallets and ship it to me...

OK, it was worth a shot. :) Seriously nice score!!!

And we thought all this stuff only existed in PA...

Mike

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
dang it everyone has loaders but me lol and i really need one nice score

·
Premium Member
3,839 Posts
I have Gannon envy. That looks like it was hardly used!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
dang it everyone has loaders but me lol and i really need one nice score
Dont worry cody, they do exist around here LOL. Chances are youll find on in PA. Thats where a lot of my stuff has come form including my loader

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:dunno:how much oil dose it hold? no way to know for sure. part or the loader the right side main support, is the tank. can't see in side. but now i'm thinking it may be low because it squeaky going up or down. thinking I will dain it and start agin? how much oil dose it hold? and were and how do I bleed the system thx for the help tommy

·
22,353 Posts
Ummm. There are 12 pins in that loader. If it's squeaking, that's where to look. Hydraulic systems are well lubed and rarely squeak unless failure is imminent.

Use it for an hour or so. The rust will wear off and it will quit squeaking. If it doesn't, a squirt of oil on each of the 12 pins will cure it.

If the oil level is too low, the cylinders will not move smoothly and the pump will get noisy until it can pull in some more oil.

Measure the the post length, width, and height. Subtract 1/4" from each dimension, calculate the volume in cu-in, and divide by 231. The answer is the theoretical number of gallons in the post. Subtract 10% from that and the result is approximately how much oil it should have in it with the cylinders retracted.

Bleed air by exercising the cylinders. A minimum of 2 full stroke cycles, out and in, will purge most of the air. Any air that is left will get purged with a few minutes of use. I usually cycle my system 3 or 4 times after a cylinder or hose change before putting it to work, but I work can mine a lot harder with my heavier GT than you can work yours.

·
22,353 Posts
:ROF Simple things will trip you every time!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:hide:well I do have one excuse i'm deaf in my right ear. but you still feel like a idiot.sometimes after you find the problem. oh well its done.:thanku: thx tudor and everyone.it a nice sunny day here in the seattle area so going out side and play with my tractor have a good day everyone thx agin for the help:trink40:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts