My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a new to me Kubota this week on Monday it is a L185 with 669 hours it starts instantly and runs really good
I am getting familiarized with it and doing little things to get it ready to work. I picked up some oil and grease today.
Picked up a box blade today and a finish mower Wednesday and am eager to get going with it. Of coarse it rained
this afternoon even though we needed it I was wanting to play with the tractor so I just worked on some minor things
on it under the shed where I have it parked. Here are some pics

Dave

20210712_174334_HDR.jpg
20210714_162939_HDR.jpg
20210717_132914_HDR.jpg

·
Super Moderator
8,309 Posts
Great looking little bota. What part of AR are you in? I'm in Fayetteville.

Reactions: Arkansasdave1

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
15,742 Posts
Nice looking tractor. Someone kept it in good condition. The mower is the wrong color though. :p Best of luck with it.

·
Super Moderator
8,309 Posts
Finally picked up a blade today ended up just getting a new one most of the used ones were in bad shape for the prices
they were listed for. Blade was made by Behrens mfg used it for 2.5 hours today and it did great.

Dave View attachment 2513079
Hey all right. And Cub yellow to boot! I've noticed those blades are fairly reasonable new. No reason to buy a beat up one for 2/3 the price of new. I'm glad it's working for you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey all right. And Cub yellow to boot! I've noticed those blades are fairly reasonable new. No reason to buy a beat up one for 2/3 the price of new. I'm glad it's working for you.
Yeah so far it's doing great and I don't mind the Cub yellow cause I'm an International fan from way back I'm currently restoring a Scout II so I really like the Cubs a friend has two Cub Cadets he purchased one is a really nice 62 I believe and
the other is a 70 he has been working on. I actually tried to find an International when before I found this Kubota I came close to buying a 284 International but it sold before I got to look at it.

Dave

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Worked on the finish mower this afternoon i got the blades all sharpened up and am about to clean the bottom and coat it
with some rusty metal primer so it doesn't rust up it is clean right now but need to protect it from rust in the future. Then
i'll grease it up for mow day on Friday.

Dave

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
worked on my finish mower the last day and a half and ran the blade some more this afternoon. Got the mower cleaned and a coat of primer on today.

Dave View attachment 2513251
Wow! It looks to be in very nice condition for a older machine. Have fun with your new toy.
Thanks it's in fairly nice shape so far so good and having lots of fun with it lately

Dave

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I fought the pto all morning today and then greased everything finally got the pto on I think it was just dirty. Then
the blades didn't turn so I pulled the covers and the tension spring was off and the belt also. Put that back on and then
it mowed good just loud I think I have a bearing about to go bad it was quiet at the dealer when I bought it and they test run
it for me but the belt was off so just my luck. Anyway it mowed well but really noisy like a gear drive whine type sound
louder than the tractor I think the bearing had been run low on grease and has rough spots on it and I can see a bearing
replacement in my future.

Dave

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
15,742 Posts
Before you get it too dirty, consider a light cleaning on the underside followed by a coat of automotive wax. It will help keep it clean. I used it on my mower every spring for several years and it worked. Now I'm just too lazy but it still looks pretty good. Must be some wax residue on there. 😏

That probably is a bearing going bad.

Reactions: Arkansasdave1

·
Money Pit
837 Posts
Well that sucks about the mower. It looks to be in great condition also. But with all mowers they will need bearing work sooner or latter.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Before you get it too dirty, consider a light cleaning on the underside followed by a coat of automotive wax. It will help keep it clean. I used it on my mower every spring for several years and it worked. Now I'm just too lazy but it still looks pretty good. Must be some wax residue on there. 😏

That probably is a bearing going bad.
Thanks that's a great idea

Dave

1 - 20 of 23 Posts