My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1281 - 1300 of 1312 Posts

·
Super Moderator
32,307 Posts
I'd have to look to see if I had any pics, but when I was around 12, my dad bought me and my brother a 50cc Honda mini-bike (so, similar to the bike in post #1278, just with much smaller wheels and frame), which was awesome, except we were already both pretty tall kids. So, we had to ride it with our knees out, as if we tucked our knees against the fuel tank, we couldn't turn anymore...
If it has the frame like that one, it sounds like a CT70..

·
Parts collector
4,339 Posts

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
6,468 Posts
I've fallen behind in this thread, and I might have posted this picture before, but didn't check all 1286 prior posts. My brother got a Honda 50 Mini Trail for some important event, like a birthday in the late 1960's I think. I probably got a shovel or an ax for my birthday that year. As most of you remember, we rode the heck out of it, and straightened the handle bars a few times. Around that time the neighborhood became loaded with these and the 70's and a regular gang of 12 years olds roamed the woods and fields in search of creeks to jump, hills to climb, and tracks to race on.:

I'm sure Mom was around for this picture, hence the helmet.

·
Parts collector
4,339 Posts
...it's an HD...if it doesn't leak, it's out of oil... :)
LOL.... yes the older ones . I have an 02 sporty and an 01 Electra neither leak oil. ;)

Attachments

Reactions: Austen

·
'80 216, '96 345
265 Posts
Sold the '79 GoldWing, the '06 is for sale, to make room for a 2021 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited. Getting to the age that approaching gravel lots with the wife on and pulling a one-wheel trailer was getting to be too stressful.

But, I did get this little RD400c running. That was the winter project.

·
Premium Member
3,680 Posts
Sold the '79 GoldWing, the '06 is for sale, to make room for a 2021 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited. Getting to the age that approaching gravel lots with the wife on and pulling a one-wheel trailer was getting to be too stressful.

, That Yamaha is sweet, the CAN AM is to.

·
Premium Member
3,680 Posts

I remember when the first Goldwing came out, a friend of ours's family owned the only Honda dealership around here it was called " Fonduk Honda" ( actually Gary Fonduk just died a month ago) it was in the mid-late 70's and my buddy just bought a new Honda 360 5 or 6 speed, it was different anyway having one more speed than most and Gary Had one of those Elsinor's and behind the dealership was a huge 10 acre field we all would ride dirt bikes in. Anyway about the Goldwing we was all amazed that " that big thing has a drive shaft" lol!
Those were the days.

·
Premium Member
3,680 Posts
This is the model it was (this is not it, but the same model):
View attachment 2485604
We were always having to straighten the handlebars, front forks and footpegs. But it was great fun.
Man a trail 50 & a trail 70, now those bring back some memories, the smaller one was different from the ones we had cause ours had the knobs on it that would collapse the handle bars. My buddy had extended forks on his trail 70 lol!
Where I lived you could ride them on the street w/no permit or anything, just hop on and go. We were like a cloud of bees on those things but mostly stayed in the woods

·
Parts collector
4,339 Posts
Lots of great pics in this thread. I have a couple to add.

My 2003 Wideglide:
View attachment 2508454

My 2009 Ultra:

View attachment 2508455
NICE!

With my short legs and being sick for 6 months last year. (not the RONA) I have trouble with hold our Heavy (930lbs) 01 Electra up sometimes with both of us on it. We are taking the PA waterfall tour next week on the Electra. I do have a lowering kit for it I need to get put on before we leave though. I tried a 2" drop in the rear but the tire rubbed with us both on so I'll do an inch this time and pump the shocks to 13l lbs of air. The Ultimate Pennsylvania Waterfall Road Trip Will Take You To 7 Scenic Spots In The State

Attachments

Reactions: sk1dm4rk and Jere39

·
Parts collector
4,339 Posts
We just got back from the water fall tour. We put 500 miles on the Elecrta and 15 miles on our legs. LOL....................
Man that is one sexy bike! We got many compliments on it.
My wife was like "what leg pain" I get a vibra-massage once we're on the bike. :ROFLMAO:
My son just bought an 18 street glide and loves it. He and his wife went for a 500 mile trip to MD for crabs before his shoulder surgery last week. He'll be out of commission for the next 2 months so he thought he'd get some riding in before hand.
Now I need to get the bugs off of it and wash her down good.

Attachments

·
'80 216, '96 345
265 Posts
After 15 years and 123537 miles, I decided the '06 GL1800 was getting too awkward to control on gravel with the wife aboard. Bought a '21 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited with heated comfort seats and sold both the 1800 and GL1000 to make room for it. Now to get it so the wife is as happy on it as the 'wing.

·
Parts collector
4,339 Posts
After 15 years and 123537 miles, I decided the '06 GL1800 was getting too awkward to control on gravel with the wife aboard. Bought a '21 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited with hested comfort seats and sold both the 1800 and GL1000 to make room for it. Now to get it so the wife is as happy on it as the 'wing.
I can understand that for sure. I have short legs and bad knees. With my wife, myself, and luggage all packed on the Electra I have a hard time holding up close to 1400lbs at stop signs and red lights. My solution will be a side car once I don't feel able to hold the weight anymore.

Reactions: Ingersoll444
1281 - 1300 of 1312 Posts