My Tractor Forum banner

1221 - 1238 of 1238 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Who will be doing the Traxxion install? I've heard good things about their suspension components.
There’s an authorized installer in Hollis NH, about 30 minutes from me. Spoke with him the other day, seemed to know what he was talking about, and I’ll be dropping the bike off in a couple weeks once he finished a job. Everyone on the GL1800 forum raves about it, and that it is a very noticeable improvement. I’m going all in with the new billet triple tree. They really taylor it to the individual..
It’s not cheap, about $3500, but a heck of a lot cheaper than a new bike.. which reports say some still need the upgrade. With only 50k on it, the wings barely broken it, there are guys with up to 400k on them..

·
Registered
890 Posts
My most recent excursion into the Great Smoky Mtns. This is Upper Tremont Rd, a nice smooth gravel road that dead ends into a parking area for hikers. It crosses and parallels Little River for a nice scenic view with peaceful sounds of rushing water. I usually take a thermos of coffee and a something to eat while I enjoy my time there. My steed is a 2017 Suzuki VStrom 650, a lighter weight motorcycle that is well suited for gravel roads. View attachment 2446417 View attachment 2446418 View attachment 2446419 View attachment 2446420
Looks like a great ride! I’m definitely thinking a second dual sport bike will return sooner more than later to the shop. My wife and I are also hoping to relocate to that area in a few years.

·
motorcycle cowboy
838 Posts
There’s an authorized installer in Hollis NH, about 30 minutes from me. Spoke with him the other day, seemed to know what he was talking about, and I’ll be dropping the bike off in a couple weeks once he finished a job. Everyone on the GL1800 forum raves about it, and that it is a very noticeable improvement. I’m going all in with the new billet triple tree. They really taylor it to the individual..
It’s not cheap, about $3500, but a heck of a lot cheaper than a new bike.. which reports say some still need the upgrade. With only 50k on it, the wings barely broken it, there are guys with up to 400k on them..
I'd like to do that to my Wing but it'll have to wait a bit. If you remember to, give us an update when completed.

Looks like a great ride! I’m definitely thinking a second dual sport bike will return sooner more than later to the shop. My wife and I are also hoping to relocate to that area in a few years.
I have enjoyed the first year of owning this bike very much. It is economical to operate and very nimble for this old man to maneuver.

·
motorcycle cowboy
838 Posts
I have a friend who has a Slingshot. He refers to it as his motorcycle. Not even close.

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
5,659 Posts
Wow @Oldham a pair of beauties.

My (then) little brother sure got his money's worth out of this one

·
Registered
890 Posts

·
Parts collector
3,120 Posts

·
Super Moderator
31,425 Posts
Thanks Paul. Those vintage pictures like yours are so fun to look at. I suppose you could find an old Z50A and start a new project. Fortunately, many parts are still available for them.
LOL ya ive thought it.. But A) I havr WAYYYY too many projects, and B) MAN the prices have gone up!!

Just a back story... So this pic was from about 73-74 ish.. We saw this for sale infront of a car dealer. It wasnt a ton of money... but was a little beat up. So one day my stepdad come home with it.. He had it loaded into the front trunk of his 64 Covair convertible.. [another story... stunning car. Gold Monza, with white top, and white inside.] Im guessing with was a fun ride home with the trunk lid tied down just waiting for it to catch wind and pop up!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Vary nice Oldham!! My first 2 wheeler was a old Z50A... man I kinda wish I kept it. Sold it for like 50 bucks in the early 80's. View attachment 2449868
Such a cool old picture. I actually have that exact bike, a ‘69 z50 silvertag in candy red. My dad surprised me with it when I was 8 in 2009, a hardtail z50 was like my dream bike at the time lol. Now a few years later I’ve owned and ridden old Honda’s of all shapes and sizes all starting with that z50. I’m a small part of the younger generation who loves these old bikes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Parts collector
3,120 Posts
I'd love to get the Electra out and go for a ride but we have a travel ban. :cry: I guess it does have enough bags on it to say I was grocery shopping. ;)

1221 - 1238 of 1238 Posts