My Tractor Forum banner

1181 - 1200 of 1238 Posts

·
Parts collector
3,120 Posts
While not exactly a motorcycle, it's the perfect transport to quietly cruise the campground.
COOL! I have ridden two different ones on those the 2 speed version and the 3 speed. They were other people's but fun to ride when you have a 3.5hp JCPenny mini bike. My dad still has the 3 speed version my 1/2 brother had stored away somewhere. I just saw they are making them again. :tango_face_surprise

Thanks Paul. My first motorized two-wheeler was a Bonanza mini bike, that was purchased with my hard-earned paper route dollars in 1967. I still have it! Power has since been increased from the original 3 1/2 to a 6hp unit.
That's cool. Mine was a 3.5hp JCPenny version. I sold it after I blew up the engine because I was overriding the governor. :tango_face_surprise 14 year olds! :tango_face_devil:

·
'80 216, '96 345
250 Posts
Does it count if I owned a bike only temporarily? On a business trip in April 2005 I rented this 04 or 05 Heritage Softail from a Harley dealer near Phoenix. I *think* it was Chandler HD.

I got on it near 9 AM and didn't get off except for lunch, gas, and picture taking at Roosevelt ***. Did as long a loop as I could manage in one day ending back at the dealer .

I don't remember my mileage, but when returning it that evening, the dealer remarked " that bike didn't sit around much!"

Prior to this trip, the largest cactus I'd ever seen was stuff that grew in a bowl on a countertop...

Edit: I see the website edits out the word "***" after "Roosevelt". Just so you know what I'm talking about, let's call it the Roosevelt big concrete wall that holds back lotsa water..
We were there last month on our GL1800 - some decent riding! Being from Appalachia, we had never seen anything like those big cacti, either. The wife took a bunch of photos.

·
Parts collector
3,120 Posts
I have a kawasaki kz750 project and my wife has an aprilia 125 scooter it's pretty fun for what it is.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Good looking Kawi. I have always been a Kawi fan.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Was 16 years without a bike, raising a family.
Found this ‘02, R1200c with 2300 miles on the ticker...I had to have it!
Been logging plenty of miles in the 2 years I’ve had it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
31,425 Posts

Was 16 years without a bike, raising a family.
Found this ‘02, R1200c with 2300 miles on the ticker...I had to have it!
Been logging plenty of miles in the 2 years I’ve had it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vary nice!! Its nice being back on two wheels isn't it? I haven't seen one of those in a bit. I remember when they came out, the bike world was pretty shocked!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Currently riding a 2004 Honda 1300c vtx and a 1994 HD 1200 Sportster (with lots of custom work) but also have 3 Yamaha xs650 (stock, chopper and bobber) a 1986 Suzuki 1200 Madura, a 2006 Suzuki c90 and 2 Suzuki ts250 dirtbikes. Won't let me post pics ( l will try later)

·
Super Moderator
31,425 Posts
I have just finished a trailer I was building for a mate , who got killed when his new 4 wheeler rolled on him.
So now I have 2 trailers. Original one is behind my 2004 Suzuki Marauder VZ1600.
New one is behind my 2007 Honda VTX1800.
Cool trailer, and sorry about your friend.

·
Parts collector
3,120 Posts
Well I was looking around for "bigger" bikes and showed a couple to my wife. The words out of her mouth were "go for it"

So I tried to get a hold of a couple people with good prices with no response. I checked out a couple of dealers but found a beauty on FaceBook market place.

I sent a couple messages and set up a time to take a look and a ride. did the meet and ride, wife LOVES the bike. I rode it and to be honest after 35 years of riding on the road with all kind of bikes I was nervous.

2001 Electra Glide Classic. I have bad knees and this thing weighs 960# not the sporty I've been on for the last 17 years or the Kawi Eliminator I has 25 years ago. Very top heavy. :tango_face_surprise

Short legs and a wide seat make for a tough time putting the kickstand down or even up alone. :tango_face_crying:

Anyway we bough it and took a trip to the mountains 2hrs away for our first ride. Things went well but it is an adjustment on something this big. We love it though and what a ride! Cadillac style people! Awesome bike we just need more time on it.

And the pics! :tango_face_wink:

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Looking good even sideways. With the gastank on top (a few bigger bikes have them under the seat) and the front end mounted faring it will definitely feel top heavy (especially after a gas fill up) but you will get used to it. Is it fuel injected or carburetted? It makes a difference when mountain riding.

1181 - 1200 of 1238 Posts