My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a friend of mine gave me a '96-ish poulan 14.5/42 rider. sans the deck. he couldn't get it it to fire. i brought it home and jump started it and it fired right up?? anyway, i was going to take the engine and hydro transaxle off and scrap the rest but the transaxle is shot. it will barely go forwards on flat ground and won't go uphill and won't go at all in reverse. the engine runs great. the back tires are new 18x8.0x8, the front tires are cracked pretty back and probably won't hold air more than a few days. the seats pretty bad. the front pivot bar is cheap stamped steel. there really isn't much good on this tractor 'cept the engine. i may pull the engine, rear wheels and put the rest in the front yard with a free sign on it. what do y'all think?

Attachments

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
is the linkage the problem??

·
Banned
2 Posts
hydro-gear 319-0500 are they rebuildable?

I think you can rebuild them ...I would pop the cover off and see whats up in there could be thats its been sitting ... something could be stuck in there ..You have nothing to lose but before you do that make sure all your linkages are working right some times they need an adjustment

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what would be cool is if the transaxle was working i could mount a big alternator to the engine and mount a harbor freight 10,000 watt generator head to the frame some how and hook it to the pto and build a mobile generator/jump starter of sorts.

·
Registered
246 Posts
You prabably checked the belt already, but if you havnt make sure its good and tight. A loose belt would couse those problems.

·
Registered
33 Posts
ya i think look into making it drivable and then turn it into a mobile genarator and then you could put a compresor set up on it and have mobil air

·
Registered
21 Posts
I would say pull the parts you want, And get the marker out and put free on her. Or make a project like you was talking about (it would be unique:rolleyes:)
I never had much luck with polan products myself,Weed-Eaters pretty good though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts