My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My neighbor was helping me get two huge trees in my front yard cut down, and while I was up his house working on his chainsaw his brother asked me if i wanted a lawn thingy... Turns out it is a really heavy duty spike aerator. Has like 15 or more spike wheels on it, and springs in between some of them. I will have pictures up tomorrow.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yeah, I was wondering about one of these things myself and wouldn't even know what it looks like. I'd be delighted to see a photo.

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
0906101828.jpg

0906101827.jpg

here it is! No part number or manufacturer on it, but it is heavy duty!!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Nice score!

That will come in handy if we ever get rain and can grow grass around here!:praying:

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah the sad thing is, my lawn was looking nice till i cut two big trees down yesterday... Now it's all rutted up from the lift and the David Brown we used

·
Registered
43 Posts
This would also come in handy with 300 pounds of rock in the tray, my Onan at full throttle, foot on the clutch, and then my neighbour's cat comes over to dump just in front of the spikes.

No, no, just kidding! But seriously, it looks like a great tool and something I wish I had for my three acres of tired lawn. I imagine that one treatment per year would make a big difference.

Thanks for posting photos.

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
I have one just like it only it is red. Works great for me. I usually throw down some seed and the spike it all and then run a drag over it. Seems to work good.! Still want to get a Core Aerator some time! :trink39:

·
Registered
668 Posts

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
50 Posts
Did you ever find out who made it? I got the exact same spike aerator from my neighbor. Same color and everything!

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did you ever find out who made it? I got the exact same spike aerator from my neighbor. Same color and everything!
sears sold identical ones in white, it could be a later craftsman being black, or some other box store brand - I just say its a sears attachment :thThumbsU

·
Registered
614 Posts
How thick are the spike plates? With 18 plates, it should do a great job! Any word on how it performed?

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think the plates are around 10 or 12 gauge steel- Mine picks up plastic and metal bottle caps, impales acorns, picks up leaves... I have to clean out the crud in between aierating. I run about 50-100 lbs on the thing and it aerates pretty well

·
Registered
614 Posts
How big in diameter are the spike discs? How far are they spaced apart?

·
R&D dept. SSBTC WNY
1,360 Posts
Nice find! I realize this is sn old post but I've been away for a bit!

·
Premium Member
10,400 Posts
Mike! Where ya been??? ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts