My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an older model Ford LGT100. It is fairly rough shape, needing a coil, solenoid, some wiring work, bolts/nuts for the hood and fenders, and it needs cosmetic work, but that's a different story.

I am suprised how heavy duty these tractors appear to be. I think that this tractor could be a nice project.

So, is there a source out there that has parts available for these machines? Also, is there anything I should check for on this tractor before going any further?

I might also need some help with this Ford. I'm sure there's someone here that can help, seeing that many of you have LGT100's yourselves. Am I alone in saying that these are some interesting tough machines?:fing32:

Thanks for any help.

·
1981 Ford 1100 4WD
880 Posts
The LGT100 was built by Jacobson for Ford up thru mid 1980's. Some parts may still be available from New Holland. Kohler engine parts for the K series are not too difficult to get. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have 2 LGTs....love them.......got pics of yours?
I can get some, but not sure if it's worthy of pics though at the time....:hide:

I've found paint and decals already if I ever do cosmetic work on it. But first is to get it running and all the bugs worked out.

Mine doesn't have bolts for the hood or fenders. I have read in a thread here that some don't bother with the hood bolts. Is there any reason why?

Thanks.

P.S.- I'll try to get some pics soon.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The LGT100 was built by Jacobson for Ford up thru mid 1980's. Some parts may still be available from New Holland. Kohler engine parts for the K series are not too difficult to get. Good luck!
They sure are well built tractors! Glad to hear that parts may be readily available. How is the K series engine? Mine doesn't run, so I have no clue.:fing20:

·
Administrator
5,956 Posts
Its not that bad....my 125 was worse when I got it.......

stripped the body off, cleaned it up, got it running (carb was all seized)..painted frame etc....I put the body back on, but havent touched that yet....kind of like it that way,

My LGT 100 was pretty good when I got it, steering was broken, thats why I got such a good deal.....came with tiller, deck and snowplow......

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice machines poncho! I bet they're even better with those attachments.

You wouldn't mind taking pictures of the way the fenders mount on the LGT100, would you? The fenders on mine are loose and I can't seem to find where they mount on. Also, could you post some pictures of the wiring on yours? There is a lot of wiring issues on mine. Hope this isn't a bother.

Thanks.

·
^_^
65 Posts
Nice LGT100, it's not in that bad of shape.

Nice machines poncho! I bet they're even better with those attachments.

You wouldn't mind taking pictures of the way the fenders mount on the LGT100, would you? The fenders on mine are loose and I can't seem to find where they mount on. Also, could you post some pictures of the wiring on yours? There is a lot of wiring issues on mine. Hope this isn't a bother.

Thanks.
If it is anything like my LGT125 then it sits on several of these(not sure if this is the correct size)

http://www.amazon.com/Industrial-Gr...1?ie=UTF8&s=industrial&qid=1266425271&sr=1-11

·
Administrator
5,956 Posts
Not great pics, here is under floorboards....

and under fender

You could order some like Denrocks shows......I had some thick rubber belting, I cut circles out and drilled a hole through them for 1/4" bolts

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not great pics, here is under floorboards....

You could order some like Denrocks shows......I had some thick rubber belting, I cut circles out and drilled a hole through them for 1/4" bolts
Thanks for the pictures. The mounts are toast on mine. I searched and found mounts available at many places. Here are pictures of mine, under the fenders.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
The mounts shown are 5/16 stud while the ones down at the running board are 1/4 inch. Here is a link where I got mine. Cheaper than Ford too!

http://www.mcmaster.com/#sandwich-mounts/=8j6fus

Page 1368. Part numbers: 9376K116 for the 1/4" and 9376K43 for the 5/16. Price is $1.66 each for the 1/4" and $1.87 for the 5/16. I used these and they were perfect. The 1/4 stud was a little long so I trimmed it down so it had just a full nut of thread and nothing protruding above it into the running board area. Good Luck.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The mounts shown are 5/16 stud while the ones down at the running board are 1/4 inch. Here is a link where I got mine. Cheaper than Ford too!

http://www.mcmaster.com/#sandwich-mounts/=8j6fus

Page 1368. Part numbers: 9376K116 for the 1/4" and 9376K43 for the 5/16. Price is $1.66 each for the 1/4" and $1.87 for the 5/16. I used these and they were perfect. The 1/4 stud was a little long so I trimmed it down so it had just a full nut of thread and nothing protruding above it into the running board area. Good Luck.
Thanks! I will give it a try.:fing32:

Nice Ford in your signature!

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Thanks Timberwolf. I used the spray cans from New Holland Ford. It was about $7.50 a can and I used about 12 cans. I should have bought a sprayer and a pint of paint for that kind of money. Oh well, live and learn.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks Timberwolf. I used the spray cans from New Holland Ford. It was about $7.50 a can and I used about 12 cans. I should have bought a sprayer and a pint of paint for that kind of money. Oh well, live and learn.
Your welcome.

I was thinking of getting a pint and using a srayer if I ever cosmetically restore mine. I already found decals, so that's a relief! If all goes well, I would like to have this done by winter so I can mount a snowplow on this tractor and put it to work!:greendr:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts