My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
A day ahead of y'all..
4,597 Posts
Wonder what their "privacy policy" is regarding searches... Local searches are a little "too close to home" for comfort if they sell/or otherwise "use" the data to flood me/get me flooded with junk....

G

·
Administrator
11,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Greg said:
Wonder what their "privacy policy" is regarding searches... Local searches are a little "too close to home" for comfort if they sell/or otherwise "use" the data to flood me/get me flooded with junk....

G
I believe they have always used tracking cookies. If you block them it becomes less functional and searches cannot be customized. You might find this site an interesting read.

http://www.google-watch.org/

I cannot however vouch for their information or motives.

·
bitter old man
135 Posts
hmmm _ I went there thru the link-- and plugged in the word"whores"; it came up with some local colleges, nursing schools, quite few insurance agaencies and the cable tv company-- -- who knew?

·
Administrator
11,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That word produced several pages from my area to. Could prove to be a real time saver.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
bigl22 said:
hmmm _ I went there thru the link-- and plugged in the word"whores"; it came up with some local colleges, nursing schools, quite few insurance agaencies and the cable tv company-- -- who knew?
I followed your routine, and also put in "whores" but it came back with a request to expand search to 90 miles....so I did and it came back wanting to expand even further. I know this Local Google must be broke as the Mobile Hiway/ Southern Boulevard area here in Montgomery is wall to wall with them.............. :bonk:

·
Registered
415 Posts
You know you are a redneck when

You know you are living way out in the country, when you log on to local.google.com, type in blue eyed whore (always had a thing for blue eyes), and all you get is a site from image.google.com with this:

ROF ROF ROF

·
Administrator
11,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jeff,
That picture brought to mind a picture that was posted of the guy riding his motorcycle with a sheep between him and the handle bars. Could that have been you? ROF

·
Registered
415 Posts
Of course not

ROF ROF ROF

murph, of course not,
I ride my sheep on the little Deere....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts