My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, thanks to AJ (GM1276) for giving me the heads up on this bargain package! It was only 10 miles from my house! Becky especially loved when I left the dinner table at the nice oceanfront restaurant with another couple to close the deal with the seller!

Nothing too special except 1 item...

The 5665 is ROUGH to say the least, but the attachments aren't too bad.

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
Congrats on the chainsaw! There are at least a lot of good parts in the tractor, if nothing else.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
True that. For what I paid, I'm not complaining. Kudos to the seller for hanging onto it for the weekend! I was at my brothers new place on Cape Cod when this ad went up. He told me his phone was nonstop all weekend, even when he took the ad down!

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
Sounds like a really respectable fellow. Those are getting harder to find.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
i think i would buy an 816 and get the front conversion kit just to use that chainsaw... that is KILLER

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So, is Becky happy with the deal! :)
I'm sure she is! I explained the rarity of the saw and she understood. She may or may not have told me to get that "Piece of S**T" machine out of the yard. I also picked up a gorgeous 40" deck while out on the Cape too! Can't seem to get away from these things!

As for the bar length, I forgot to measure it, but it looks like it might be in the 24" neighborhood.

·
Gravely bug bit.
8,735 Posts
I'm sure she is! I explained the rarity of the saw and she understood. She may or may not have told me to get that "Piece of S**T" machine out of the yard. I also picked up a gorgeous 40" deck while out on the Cape too! Can't seem to get away from these things!

As for the bar length, I forgot to measure it, but it looks like it might be in the 24" neighborhood.
If it is a 24", then it isn't the long bar. But still a nice find.:thThumbsU

·
Registered
30 Posts
We need to get Peter to measure that one. He's got chainsaws with cutter bars that are taller than I am. :D
Longest bar I have measures 48"... :thanku: :trink39: But great deal the worm gear drive is far superior to the left hand when it comes to using these saws. :)

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts

Looks like the machine's motor is in decent shape. Is it turning free with some compression? Too bad I wasn't a little closer in proximity to you - I'd take the rusty ole' girl off your hands.

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
OK, I have to ask about the saws. I assume they are meant to be used in the vertical position only? Meaning you would use them to cut up a monster tree that is already on the ground? You wouldn't use it horizontally except maybe to clear brush, right?

How do you oil the bar? A helper in a suit of armor?

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The saw can be used in a verticle and horizontal position by simply rotating the head. I'm sure you can use it for brush clearing but it might get a little tricky swaying the machine side to get the job done. Lastly, they did make an oiler for the saw also, but they are very difficult to find!

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looks like the machine's motor is in decent shape. Is it turning free with some compression? Too bad I wasn't a little closer in proximity to you - I'd take the rusty ole' girl off your hands.
I can strap that and my other 65 to pallet if you like :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts