My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the guy said its only been used a few times and it looks brand new, asking 140 for it, i saw it one the website for 219, is this a good price and a good sized cart to haul with? I will be using it with x540

·
Registered
948 Posts
I have the JD 10P poly cart (which is 10 cu ft) for my X540. It handles a lot of stuff. Not as much as the 17 cu ft models, but storing it was also a consideration. I paid $179 for mine a couple of years ago. They are over $200 now. For either the metal or the poly, I think $140 is a very good price.

·
Has anyone seen ChimChim?
6,553 Posts
Buck fourty is a good price if it's in good shape. I just paid $219 for mine. And I turned around and made stake sides for it. (see photo).

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
I have had this cart for 15 years and it set out most of it life.Its a 12 cubic ft Agrifab.Originally it was red and had cheap wheel barrow tires.I added boat trailer tires about 5 years ago and gave it a paint job a few weeks ago.I have seen these all over used for $50.00 or less and brand new for $130.00.I just could not see paying the prices for a John Deere cart thats not made by John Deere but painted like one.So I painted my own its not fancy or shiny but after a few loads of dirt,gravel,does not matter.

Attachments

·
The Gate Keeper
1,181 Posts
I love my John Deere 10P poly cart. It just got done moving 8 tons of river rock around my house and got filthy dirty, but still looks great. I would say well worth $140.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well I got lucky and got mine free. I bought a Husqvarna and it had a few problems so I took it back to lowes and they knocked $100 off my JD LA145 and threw the cart in for free. It comes in real handy!

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Well I got lucky and got mine free. I bought a Husqvarna and it had a few problems so I took it back to lowes and they knocked $100 off my JD LA145 and threw the cart in for free. It comes in real handy!
Dang free would have definitely worked for me, but unfortunately I had to shell out 50 big $1's for mine. :sidelaugh

·
Registered
150 Posts
$140 seems like a deal to me.

Brett I like your side rails :congrats:

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Joey,BUY IT. They are very handy, I have a 17P and a 10 metal cart.

·
Registered
150 Posts
:ditto:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just got an email, they sold it early today. I guess they couldnt wait for me to go get it tomorrow afternoon.:14_6_5:

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Buck fourty is a good price if it's in good shape. I just paid $219 for mine. And I turned around and made stake sides for it. (see photo).

I really like the sides you made...looks great!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I got the $89, or $99 cart from Home Depot. It has some rust on it now, but it's held up for the last five or six years living outside 100%. When it rusts all the way through, I'll just start replacing the rusted parts with wood, in good 'ol southern style.

The main thing is to get the one that fits the tractor. I keep mine on while mowing and it tracks correctly when mowing around stuff. Just so happened the JD one with the $100 green paint, and the one HD sells were exactly the same dimensions so it worked out in my case.

·
Has anyone seen ChimChim?
6,553 Posts
I really like the sides you made...looks great!
gt275,

Thanks! That was my Rev 1.0b design.. Rev 1.0a was way too tall I couldn't reach into the cart :)

·
Registered
864 Posts
I have a 17 cu.ft. also. I like it because i use if for hauling a lot of brush and firewood. I wouldnt want it any smaller,When you are hauling brush it fills up fast. but as the other guys already pointed out when your not useing it, It takes up more room. But i use mine for all kinds of things.

I use it for my mobile welding rig.

And hauling fire wood.

But i also use the big trailer somtimes when i just want to get it all in one load.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts