My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1996 Simplicity Broadmoor, 14hp B&S twin/full pressure lubrication
38" deck with Turbo collection system. Hydro tranny.
There is a world of difference between the JD I just sold and this tractor. Granted, the 2006 JD 115 was at the low end of JD models. I also had a Craftsman 2006 FS5500 before the JD.
There is very little plastic on the tractor itself. Dash and knobs is about it. This thing is made of METAL, and good metal at that. I keep finding things I like about this LT, the grill is metal and very sturdy. The air filter is very good, automotive style. And the dash lights! One for oil pressure, pto, headlights, neutral, and operator seated, I did this as a mod to my Craftsman. I actualy have confidence in this LT and am glad I purchased it. Even though I do think I paid a bit high. $1,100. But then again, it is in very good condition, motor purrs, and the bagger collection system would cost half that by itself, and I wanted a good bagger.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I like it. Looks well cared for. $1100 may seem high, on the other hand that's probably 1/3 it's new cost, and could well have 3/4 of it's life left. I dont think you can get a new Simplicity Lawn Tractor for much under 6K, even the Coronet rider's 3K (they're sweet, though. I'd pay 1K for a nice used one in a heartbeat) and a loaded Legacy with all the "toys" is way past 20K.

Take the time to get to know it, especially the deck, and your lawn will be the envy of the neighborhood!

Like the boat, too :)

·
Registered
632 Posts
Nice tractor. The bagger looks new. I have a landlord of the same vintage and love the way it cuts. good luck with it.

·
A semi-retired senior cit
2,132 Posts
If you haven`t done so yet download a owners and parts manual from simplicity yet, use this link http://www.simplicitymfg.com/manuals/ just enter your model number. Should start with 169xxxxx, if you don`t know it yet, the 38" mower deck uses two different length mower blades.

Simplicity also offers a mulch kit for your mower deck that really work great, also a leaf shredder that will grind up leaves to almost nothing. I had a Regent with a 44" deck and bought both a mulch kit and the shredder kit installed. Nice LT a bit pricey, but if you happy thats all that matters.

·
ADMINISTRATOR
15,733 Posts
Beautiful condition, especially for a 14 year old tractor. All the best with it!

·
Banned
1,081 Posts
It looks remarkably clean.

Looks like you have real lawn with real grass also. I see stripes on it.

;)

·
Registered
266 Posts
Congrats on the new mower. :trink39: I have one almost exactly like it except its a 99 model year but same engine deck size ect.... Mine is not in that good of shape but its been used a lot. How many hours does yours have? In the time I have owned mine I have had very very little trouble with it. Just replaced the drive belt this year and the mower belt is still in great shape. I would have expected it to be the other way around. I can tell you I love these Vanguard engines.

Oh, and mine didnt come with hubcaps either. :Disgus:

·
2,132 Posts
If you haven`t done so yet download a owners and parts manual from simplicity yet, use this link http://www.simplicitymfg.com/manuals/ just enter your model number. Should start with 169xxxxx, if you don`t know it yet, the 38" mower deck uses two different length mower blades.

Simplicity also offers a mulch kit for your mower deck that really work great, also a leaf shredder that will grind up leaves to almost nothing. I had a Regent with a 44" deck and bought both a mulch kit and the shredder kit installed. Nice LT a bit pricey, but if you happy thats all that matters.
I stand corrected, on my remark about your Broadmoor being pricey, was a good buy compared to this one that the dealer I do business with has, for sale on his used equipment page. Here`s a picture an description of the mower in his ad and price. Now this dealership is a Simplicity dealership, a very good one I might add. But this is a pricey Broadmoor, plus it only has a 14hp single engine.

Simplicity Lawn Tractor

Simplicity Broadmoor series lawn tractor. 38 inch deck,
14hp Kohler single cylinder engine, hydrostatic drive transmission and turbo twin bagger.
Machine in excellent shape. $1,850.00

I had hub caps on my Regent, I didn't really care for them at first, I took them off, but put them right back on. Didn't really care for the valve stems being on the inside of the rims especially on the rear tires.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies, and the links. I do now have manuals for everything. And I mean everything, there are three seperate manuals covering the collection system alone!
I also very much dislike the fact that the valve stems are on the inside. But so far, that is about the only thing I don't like about this machine.
So why did you put the hubcabs right back on? Grass and dirt in the wheels?

·
2,132 Posts
Thanks for the replies, and the links. I do now have manuals for everything. And I mean everything, there are three seperate manuals covering the collection system alone!
I also very much dislike the fact that the valve stems are on the inside. But so far, that is about the only thing I don't like about this machine.
So why did you put the hubcabs right back on? Grass and dirt in the wheels?
The tractor looked better with them. Yeah simplicity has some good manuals the parts manual will also help you under stand how something goes together, just use the zoom feature, its a big help. I always try and get as many many manuals as I can for equipment I own. I got a bunch of manuals for my Z Master the best one is the service manual just like they use at the dealerships. One thing I wouldn't do is use Gator blades on you Broadmoor, My Regent only used a 1/2" wide mower drive belt, the Gator mulching blades are heaver the your OEM blades and because of the added weight the belt wore out fasted, and they are not inexpensive to replace.

Oh one more thing you may not like is the fact that to grease the spindled mine were on the under side of the mower deck. My Regent was a 1997, and yours maybe the same way, deck was easy to remove but you have the turbo blower to remove.

I gave my Regent to my nephew, no need of having it sit there not being used. Krissie his wife doesn't like the gear shift on their Craftsmen LT4000, she really likes the Regent says it like driving a car just step on the peddle and the steering is so easy and tight turns, are nice too.

·
Has anyone seen ChimChim?
6,553 Posts
Wow is that machine CLEAN! Congrats on your "NEW" Broadmoor!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts