My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got a little overconfident with the x500 today and managed to get it stuck all the way down by my rivine. My neighbor was more than willing to come to the rescue with that orange thingy.

Attachments

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
Stuff happens. Nice to have good neighbors, whatever the color of their tractor, thats not important :fing32:.

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
I don't know if I would have posted that! :sidelaugh

You're lucky to have such a good neighbor. There are too many of our fellow members that don't have that luxury. Buy that man a beer! :fing32:

·
Super Moderator
32,682 Posts
Nice tractors are nice tractors! Brand loyalty only goes so far! I agree get that man a beer!

·
Tractor Nut
550 Posts
Those things happen. It great to have good neighbors! It would have been funny if you had pictures from both perspectives (yours, and your neighbors)

It doesn't matter as long as he had to pull you out with something bigger than your machine. What would be embarrassing is if he pulled you out with something smaller!

I've gotten my X585 stuck bad once and it was with the mower deck on. Without the mower deck, it'll go through some DEEP mud with no issues. I had a 4x4 pickup fail at getting it out, a CUT fail, and ended up eventually getting out with help from a neighbor's large Massey Ferguson farm tractor. I wish I had pictures to share!

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Stuff happens. Nice to have good neighbors, whatever the color of their tractor, thats not important :fing32:.
You're lucky to have such a good neighbor. There are too many of our fellow members that don't have that luxury. Buy that man a beer! :fing32:
Nice tractors are nice tractors! Brand loyalty only goes so far! I agree get that man a beer!
Couldn't have said it any better than the gentlemen above!

Oh and congrats on managing to get 'er stuck, it won't be your last time.:hatsoff: All the reason to have a second tractor.:thThumbsU My 318 is a darn good recovery vehicle.:woohoo1:

·
3K & Yet So Little to Say
3,341 Posts
So I got a little overconfident with the x500 today and managed to get it stuck all the way down by my rivine. My neighbor was more than willing to come to the rescue with that orange thingy.
Every time I get stuck, I say it will be the last...I will admit that it doesn't happen much anymore and usually I have the FEL on and use the hydraulics the get me up out of the mud. BUT I refuse to have my neighbor and his "orange thingy" help! I would let my 2320 sit in the mud until the mud dries first. I will admit that part of it is just my neighbor, who would never let me hear the end of it, because "the truth is that my B7510 is a better tractor than yours", and secondly, just call me stubborn.

·
My Orange Jane Deere
3,358 Posts
Well it takes a Orange thingy to rescue a green thingy. So be glad us orange things are here to save your butts.:sidelaugh

·
Registered
147 Posts
u dont have to worry about pulling the orange thingy's out they no better than to even get close to a spot like that!!

·
3K & Yet So Little to Say
3,341 Posts
u dont have to worry about pulling the orange thingy's out they no better than to even get close to a spot like that!!

:sidelaugh:sidelaugh:sidelaugh

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There wasn't much time to get pictures when it was stuck. The thing only has five hours on it and my wife was due home any time. She didn't really need to see that. The neighbor and I had fun with it though!!

·
The voice of reason !
2,720 Posts
There wasn't much time to get pictures when it was stuck. The thing only has five hours on it and my wife was due home any time. She didn't really need to see that. The neighbor and I had fun with it though!!
Hmmmmm ridicule from the orange guys or wrath of the wife ?

I think you made the right choice ! :fing32:

·
Super Moderator
32,682 Posts
Had I done the same thing here's exactly what my El Paso, Texas wife would have said, "I knew that tractor wasn't as good as you said it was! Look, the neighbor had to come over and save your butt! In Texas we'd have hooked up a couple of horses to it and pulled it across the State! Next time I'll get an expert to pick out the tractor!" And we've been married for 27 years!

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Not that I want to admit it but I have had the 500 stuck, I am fortunate in that there is usually a tractor or excavator around need be.

Never been towed but I did tow a lawyer friend out of the Ocean, he bought a new Orange tractor, pretty good size, was putting his boat in and got stuck, I honestly think a little more seat time and he would have been fine, anyhow his neighbours watched as I pulled it out with a 3520 Deere, he was not a happy camper, I laughed and did up a towing service card just to rub it in:)

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Had I done the same thing here's exactly what my El Paso, Texas wife would have said, "I knew that tractor wasn't as good as you said it was! Look, the neighbor had to come over and save your butt! In Texas we'd have hooked up a couple of horses to it and pulled it across the State! Next time I'll get an expert to pick out the tractor!" And we've been married for 27 years!
That comment to me is an open door for a new tractor....then again just about any comment around me is an excuse for a new piece of gear!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts