My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good intentions to work in the yard.

So I head out to move some stones and grade an area to improve run off. Here in Northeast PA., every time you put tool-to-soil you can be sure to encounter a rock, stone or boulder of some sort.
So I was back-blading a bit fast with my scoop too deep and bang, a broken weld.

After inspecting the damage I decided that this weld and some others needed to be reinforced. In addition, the tabs where the scoop pivots needed to be beefed up and a much needed wear edge across the cutting edge of the scoop installed.

Now after the welding, I needed some paint. So I get the bright idea to change the color from yellow to green. After all, most John Deere buckets I see are green. Keep in mind that this scoop was a (yellow) snow blade before it was made in to a scoop.

Let the fun begin!

My 13 year old son wanted some grinder time so off he went. The flat bar that was welded on as a wear edge needed a little bevel, more grinding.

Then some (rattle can) primer and paint.

Here are some photos.

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks great! My son is 2, but can't wait until he can help with stuff like that!
Thanks!
Time goes by so quickly, enjoy every moment. He’ll be helping soon enough.

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
Looks really good and good for you for getting your son involved.

These memories will last his lifetime.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I remember days like that with my son -- he now designs/builds/races jeepspeed trucks.

·
Super Moderator
35,770 Posts
Looking good, that JD green paint holds much better when hitting rocks than the yellow!!

Great to get your son involved! Mind is 23 now and this summer is showing a spark of interest in the tractor (he likes the 318 with the Power Steering and hydraulic lift!), maybe some day he'll take an avid interest, but I'm not holding my breath!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts