My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had maximum air pressure in the tires from previous job, but had to cut grass between rains, didn't think the rougher ride would matter....2305

Soooooooooo

I was going around the flower bed, when my front tire hit a hole in the grass that wasn't there before, **** rabbits. The tractor jarrred....causing my cigarette cherry to fly off...landing in my crotch of my best summer mowing shorts

As I hit myself with a gloved hand to get rid of the ember, I didn't stop mowing (clouds looming)...I drifted right a bit...and caught one of the stupid solar powered lights I was forced to buy this spring...good quality aluminum...with the mower deck.

I was just outside of the kitchen window, and as the deck happily mulched the light unit the noise startled my daughter in the kitchen, who was just taking fresh cooked lasagna out of the oven.

She jumped...dropped the glass dish and cracked one of the last-year-installed tiles, breaking the dish and destroying our (my) supper in the process!!

I had to shell out $84.37 for Chinese food.......

not to mention the nagging for destroying one of the "precious" lights...that I DID NOT do on purpose....

and I'll have to replace that tile one of these years...I just hope she finds a replacement lasagna dish that matches her set...

stupid rabbits....

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that! What a series of unfortunate events. And here, I thought that rabbits only caused eaten off garden plants and flowers. Instead, I learn that they cause all of that!:eek:mg:

Did the light cause any damage to your mower deck? Being aluminum, I couldn't see it causing much, besides nicking your blades.

BTW, what kind of Chinese food costs that much??? :eek:mg: I am not criticizing, just curious.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nah, no damage, that aluminum can't even nick blades

there are 2 adults, 3 children. Adult buffet price is 16.99, children were 10.99, plus drinks....and that's without tip!!

Rabbit stew on menu for next weekend....

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
Adult buffet price is 16.99, children were 10.99, plus drinks....and that's without tip!!
And I thought that the buffet prices here at 10.99 adult were getting steep. I understand completely now.

Glad there was no damage to the mower.

The tile, it shouldn't be too hard to replace. Pain in the butt, sure, but not too bad. Did you keep a few extras just in case?

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
Holy Szechuan Chicken, Batman! Remind me to pack sandwiches when I take the family to Canada! I can feed the family of 5 in style for US $65 down here in VA.

·
Registered
152 Posts
thats a rube goldberg reaction if i have ever heard one glad no one was hurt must have been a little funny though if you think on it

·
Father to Triplets + 1
1,034 Posts
I just at a Ci Ci's. All you can eat for only 3.99. Me, Wife, 4 kids for less than 30.00.

·
Has anyone seen ChimChim?
6,553 Posts
Welcome to Earth, Third rock from the Sun!

That's the song that jumped into my head :)

·
16,490 Posts
Sounds like something that would befall me along the way....:Disgus:

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Thats why I love Ci Ci's! les than 30.00!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
WoW!!!

I hate what happened to your stuff, but 84 bucks for a Chinese buffet? I can take my wife and kids to the best one around here for 7.99 adults, 3.99 kids and $1.50 for sodas. Even after a tip (why do we tip at buffets? We do all the work!), I'm still at 50% off of yours.

Dittos on the Cici's thing. $23.00 for my entire family!

·
Bikes/Tractors what else
1,461 Posts
We used to live in a yuppie town called Libertyville. On the south end of town is a Chinese restaurant next door, in the same strip mall, to an animal hospital. Let your mind do its thing.

WoW!!!

I hate what happened to your stuff, but 84 bucks for a Chinese buffet? I can take my wife and kids to the best one around here for 7.99 adults, 3.99 kids and $1.50 for sodas. Even after a tip (why do we tip at buffets? We do all the work!), I'm still at 50% off of yours.

Dittos on the Cici's thing. $23.00 for my entire family!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Wow.........Murphy's law was really working that day! :eek:

The exchange rate really makes your chinese dinner sound a lot worse to us Americans. :OHCAN

·
Registered
275 Posts
wow sounds like something out of Chevy Chase movie

·
Registered
660 Posts
This one still has me laughing.

I was going to ask about using the rabbit for stew but you beat me too it.

That is what it would cost here for dinner if not more. Depending on where you go you can have some nights where the kids eat free or and half price.

Now for the real question. After all that don't you think you should stop smoking? Seems like an omen to me.

And I though I had a bad day.
:sorry1: It is still funny. No smoking, drinking, using the phone while driving I guess sould apply to tractors as well. :fing20:

·
Premium Member
2,203 Posts
It could have been worse, at least nobody got hurt. Imagine the burn she could have gotten from a hot lasagna on her feet and legs? Not to mention getting a bad cut, a friend of mine's daughter almost bled to death from a similar sitution that almost severed her foot. That is quite a chain of events, I new smoking was bad for you, but I had no idea.....Ed

1 - 19 of 19 Posts