My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I do this or not? Someone wants to trade me a 4.5 HP 10515 3 speed for my 10247. It runs. But, I was looking for a more commercial mower. A Gold Pro or a Commercial Series Dura Force. I am leaning towards no. Just wanted to hear your opinions. Thanks!

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'd do it. The 10515 is a "Gold Pro" model, with the same running gear as a 22241 save for the front bearing wheels (and of course the big tank and commercial shroud).

I ran my 4.5 horsepower 22240 F engine through some very tall fescue the other day and it seems to be impossible to stall. Despite the horsepower rating the F engines are very strong runners.

Just my $0.02

·
Lawn-Boy fan
1,566 Posts
If the 515 is in tip top shape, I would trade. If all the paint is gone, tires are bald, and the controls are hard to move I definitely would not trade. 10515 is a GREAT mower, but I am very partial to the F engine machines.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am going to say no. I mean an almost new Dura Force for an F? That's not going to work. But if it were a 22241, the trade would be an automatic yes!

·
5K Poster!!!
5,141 Posts
Trade it. I've used the 10515 for commercial use for several years now. I like them for their light weight multi-speed tranny and reliability. The fuel cells are actually bigger than they appear too.

I'm all for trading in a dura for 10515.

P.S, the 1993-94 model years have metal carbs too. 95 went to plastic.

Neal

·
Registered
972 Posts
Trade it. I've used the 10515 for commercial use for several years now. I like them for their light weight multi-speed tranny and reliability. The fuel cells are actually bigger than they appear too.

Neal
Don't listen to him he doesn't even like DF's. Kidding aside though, If its a strong runner and in good condition your getting the better mower. I'd also want to know how worn the engine is. The last gold pro I had looked great but had loads of hours on it. It will not have the power of your DF and it will be heavier. I have 2 F's, one is very strong and will almost keep up with my DF, but not quite. The other is not even close. A test drive is your friend.

·
2-stroke exhaust junkie!!
442 Posts
If the 10515 is in good shape, I'd trade. Those three speed F's are hard to beat.

·
Your LawnBoy parts HQ LOL
33 Posts

Neal
I really dig the 10515 also. I think that could be the best mower ever besides a commercial.

Mine has a metal carb on it and it is a '95. Maybe somebody changed it along the way? I'm glad they did. I see on the parts look-up that it should be plastic.

The 10546 is a '96 and has the plastic carb. Anybody else with a '95 10515 want to chime in on which carb they have?

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I really dig the 10515 also. I think that could be the best mower ever besides a commercial.

Mine has a metal carb on it and it is a '95. Maybe somebody changed it along the way? I'm glad they did. I see on the parts look-up that it should be plastic.

The 10546 is a '96 and has the plastic carb. Anybody else with a '95 10515 want to chime in on which carb they have?
My 1994 10420 has a metal Walbro and my 1995 10415 has the plastic.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Looks clean! One of my favorite models.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Smart move for sure! It really was a "no lose" situation, it's not like you were deciding between a yardman and a lawnboy!

-dave

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I backed out again. He repainted the deck and didn't remove some parts from the deck and they got paint on them. NO DEAL!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts